PDA

View Full Version : Ski Locker Plug?

lewisb13
07-21-2010, 09:13 AM
Does anyone know what the diameter of the hole is in the ski locker? Im trying to buy a rubber plug for it. Figured some of you might be in and out of your boat today doing this and that. Thanks way in advance. Cheers.

Copen80
07-21-2010, 09:16 AM
I have no idea what the diameter is but I use a synthetic "cork" from a wine bottle:D

lewisb13
07-21-2010, 09:22 AM
Hm, not sure if that would work in mine. The hole seems bigger than that. I was able to stick the shop vac wand in there if that gives you some bearing. I mean, Im almost positive a wine cork would be way too small.

brain_rinse
07-21-2010, 09:41 AM
Check the link in my sig. I have a couple of pics of the plug I made.

Edit: direct link here: https://forum.moomba.com/showpost.php?p=79048&postcount=29

lewisb13
07-21-2010, 09:45 AM
Pretty sweet lookin! No idea what size you ground down the rubber to do ya?

brain_rinse
07-21-2010, 09:52 AM
Pretty sweet lookin! No idea what size you ground down the rubber to do ya? Not exactly, I just know the next size smaller was too loose. My best guess would be that I took a little less than 1/4" off the diameter, but you're not looking for a guess. I can measure tonight and get back to you though.

lewisb13
07-21-2010, 09:57 AM
Its cool dude. I dont want to seem lazy. Im just at work and was going to try to order something while Im here. I can measure when I get home. Ill probably just get a tapered plug thats 1" at one end and 1.5" at the other end. Im sure that will cover it. Honestly though, I really like that setup, where it "locks" it in there. I might hold off to do it right, just as you have. I love your boat, you have cool stuff all over that thing. I really dig the cooler hinges.

jmvotto
07-21-2010, 09:57 AM
1 1/4 is the diameter i used. ands shaved it slightly with a ulity blade to fit

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=6105&highlight=locker+plug&page=2

brain_rinse
07-21-2010, 10:05 AM
Its cool dude. I dont want to seem lazy. Im just at work and was going to try to order something while Im here. I can measure when I get home. Ill probably just get a tapered plug thats 1" at one end and 1.5" at the other end. Im sure that will cover it. Honestly though, I really like that setup, where it "locks" it in there. I might hold off to do it right, just as you have. I love your boat, you have cool stuff all over that thing. I really dig the cooler hinges.
Thanks for the compliment! Looks like jmvotto hooked you up with the info you need. Your definitely not lazy, that's what this forum is for. Chances are someone knows the answer or is right by their boat to check something out.

csm
07-21-2010, 10:31 AM
I used one of the plugs that expands when you compress it with a wingnut. Can't remember what it's called, but it's worked like a charm. I just found a place that sold them, and bought 2 or 3 different sizes in order to get the right one.