PDA

View Full Version : Rear Seat Back - Outback DD

Klipper
07-20-2010, 04:41 PM
I have an 07 Outback and it seems that the port side seat back has "collapsed" a little from having the rear seat in the sundeck position. It is right at the top of the seat back where the seat would sit on when it is in the sundeck poisition.

It is hard to see from the picture attached, but you can see that there is a bulge towards the centre of the boat and if you feel with your heard on the top of the seatback, you can tell that something inside has broken.

Has anyone had this problem with the Outback DD?

phospher
07-20-2010, 04:55 PM
That sucks. Haven't experienced that on my 08 DD.

Mikey
07-20-2010, 05:02 PM
Me neither and i have an 07 as well but we seldom have the seat up in sundeck location other than when we surf. I'm curious to know what to look for and what the solution may be.
Some creative mind i'm sure will speak up.

dkremp
07-20-2010, 10:53 PM
I have an 06 Outback with the exact same problem on the starboard side. it started about 1 year ago and has gotten worse to the point that it is now ripping the upholstery. I would also like to know if anyone has fixed this problem and how? The seat is not a snug fit between the gunwales in the sun lounge position and if you get a couple of guys sitting on it it seems to bend the support bracket. Any possibility of a recall or TSB from Moomba?

Klipper
07-21-2010, 12:16 AM
I would think that Skiers Choice would cover something like this under warranty. I have used the seat in the sundeck position a total of 2 times I think! My boat barely has 70hrs. on it.

dkremp
07-21-2010, 01:01 AM
I would agree that it should be covered as I think mine was only used for one summer and probably only had 60 hours on it when I noticed it.[now has 95 hours]. I looked in behind it and found 2 bolts coming through but unfortunately when I tried undoing the nut the bolt turns as well. I will have to talk to the dealer and see if they have repaired any of these and see if I can do it myself.

dkremp
07-22-2010, 07:45 PM
Talked to the dealer today and they spoke direct to SC. SC say it is an abuse issue and not a design flaw and suggest someone must have jumped on it. the bracket is $60.00 and I will try to install it myself. Has anyone els had this issue???

deerfield
07-24-2010, 02:30 AM
No issue here. Have an '07 Outback w/ 150+ hours. Use seat in down and sunpad position. I ask people not to step on the seat getting in and out of the boat.

dkremp
07-31-2010, 06:38 PM
I removed the seat back and pulled apart the upholstery to see what part was needed. the part that bent was only held in place by 6 staples. I will remove the staples and replace with SS screws. Knowing that 200 lb plus people may be using this as a sun lounge that they would have made this a little beefier. Anybody want to see pictures of the repair? Klipper- Have you had yours repaired yet?
Doug

deerfield
07-31-2010, 10:44 PM
Anybody want to see pictures of the repair? Doug

Doug - I would appreciate seeing pictures. Thanks. - Deerfield

Klipper
08-03-2010, 05:49 PM
I have not had mine repaired yet. If you can post pictures of the repair, that would be great help!

Thanks.

dkremp
08-05-2010, 01:38 PM
Sorry for the delay but have been out at the lake this whole time with no computer. I did take some pictures but I can not download them at my work computer. I removed the seat back from the boat,[2 bolts on each armrest and 4 screws in trunk] removed about 50 staples from upolstery to expose plastic support brace, removed 6- 1.5 inch brad nails that had bent and pulled out of brace,[I actually just cut them off flush as I could not pound or pull them out] and then pre-drilled and counter sunk 8 holes for 1.5 inch # 10 SS screws. I will post pics when I get a chance.

2009operator
08-05-2010, 06:24 PM
I had the same thing happen to my 07 outback dd. I told the dealer about it and they fixed it and stated it was covered under warranty. They also told me that when they fixed it, it is a design flaw and not happen from someone jumping on it.

viking
08-06-2010, 12:25 AM
I had the same thing happen to my 07 outback dd. I told the dealer about it and they fixed it and stated it was covered under warranty. They also told me that when they fixed it, it is a design flaw and not happen from someone jumping on it.

How long ago was that as I have the same 07 DD? And what did they do to fix and remedy it? Thought I might re-enforce mine before it breaks if it's a design flaw.

dkremp
08-06-2010, 04:49 PM
My dealer Martin Motor Sports contacted Anthony at SC who said it was abuse. I would like to know if there has been a modification or what they do for a warranty repair? I only fixed the one side as the other one seems to be holding. Was the warranty repair done in the first year?:?: