PDA

View Full Version : Water in the ski locker...

lewisb13
07-20-2010, 07:55 AM
Anyone have trouble with this? I completely drained that joker last night with a shop vac and looked down the drain hole to make sure there was nothing blocking. Ah, but there is! Theres a big fat gas tank at the end of the drain. I dont really see and debris blocking the way and maybe I just need to be letting the boat sit on the ramp at a major incline for a bit before I yank her out of the water? Its pretty annoying and holds a good 4 gallons of water. Im sure my fat sac isnt happy about it either. :D

mcdye
07-20-2010, 10:16 AM
Yes. I would pull the drain plug on the ramp hoping to get rid of all water on the way. Then would pull in neighbor yard on a hill to get more out and but there would still be some in the ski locker once in the garage. I would use the shop vac to get it all out. Then I followed what others had did and made a plug that would keep the water from coming into the locker from the bilge...It appears SC made change on the 2010 and added another drain plug under the gas tank. The tank is like a doughnut, the plug is accessible via a ~6"x6" door panel in the floor.

bcr
07-21-2010, 11:03 AM
Hey,Seems your not alone as I have the same problem.Draining the water on the ramp dosnt' work.The only sure way is the shopvac.Ive been trying to get a fix for this but so far unsuccsessful,hope others can help.

lewisb13
07-21-2010, 11:08 AM
Looks like most people are plugging the little drain hole so water from the bilge area doesnt get in there.

kaneboats
07-23-2010, 01:37 PM
What are you using for a plug for the ski locker? I hadn't even looked at mine till I got back from Sinclair. I threw away the mat, cleaned the bag and washed out the locker. Last night I went to put the bag back in to get ready for the weekend and there was water in there again-- probably from backing up the hill into the garage. I'd like to plug it before we head out tomorrow. The hole looks too big for the standard "wine cork" fix used in other places.

jmvotto
07-23-2010, 02:20 PM
1 1/4 " test plug from the hardware store 5 bucks....:D