PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Supra Moomba Reunion

deerfield
07-19-2010, 06:10 PM
Just received word via email that Ultimate Wake Watersports will be hosting the 4th Annual Supra Moomba Reunion.

From Ultimate Wake:

"The event will be held August 7th from 9am until 5pm at the Fox River Preserve Marina. Launch, slip for the day, and lunch included. Unlimited wakeboarding and waterskiing at will on the lower Fox River.

-Wakeboard demos by Tom Pazurunas
-Lunch
-Games
-Belly Flop Contest
-Boat parade, photo op

Plus meet and greet your fellow Moomba and Supra owners. We will have new boat demos and all participants will receive a commerative t-shirt.

New this year, The Reunion we will feature new boat demos. We will have several boats in the water. Call us and let us know what models you are interested in taking out.

Email [email protected] or call (815) 385-2720 for questions, directions or to sign up."

This evening I will post pictures from last year's event. Good time had by all. Hope you can make it this year. Thank you, Ultimate Wake Watersports! - Deerfield

deerfield
07-20-2010, 12:13 AM
Pics from 2009 Chicago Supra Moomba reunion at Fox River Preserve Marina. For 2010, same excellent location, great host, and fun group of owners, families, and friends. Be there Saturday, August 7th!!!

Lawdog
07-20-2010, 01:09 AM
I'm going to try and make it. Keep us posted if anything changes.

gus 08 mobius lsv
07-22-2010, 10:51 AM
aug 2-6 is our family vacation to lake cumberland but i'm pretty certain i'll drive from ky straight to chicago for the reunion then back to ohio. its just a small detour of about 8 hours!! keep me posted on it guys and hope to see a lot of fellow moomba owners there! they look like a good time for sure.
if do that we'll get to fox river around 8 or 9 pm friday night are there hotels close by or what is everyone else doing?

patrick232
07-23-2010, 11:59 AM
Where do most people stay? I might be able to talk the wife in to coming up from central Ohio.

gus 08 mobius lsv
07-25-2010, 08:33 PM
Where do most people stay? I might be able to talk the wife in to coming up from central Ohio.

i talked to aaron from skipper bud's and he is suppose to send me an email with info of hotels close by. he informed me most people just come in the am and leave that night but i'll be staying over as well...as long as the weather is nice that day! give me your email address and i'll forward you the info when i get it

walb0244
07-26-2010, 10:39 PM
I would like to know more about this event. Does everyone bring their boats in or do some people just show up and ride with others? I am a new Moomba owner and have never owned a inboard till this boat. So I would like to actually get to meet some people and see what they have done to their boats and how they take care of their boats. I need to learn how to clean and take care of my boat. I don't know what waxes to use or when or how to use them. Not a clue. Also, in the first post it says launch fee, slip and lunch is included. I'm assuming it costs something to get in?

deerfield
07-27-2010, 12:07 AM
walb - It's possible there is a nominal ($10?) launch fee at the public ramp. I can't recall from last year. In any case, everything else, including use of really nice dock for the day and great food was provided by host dealer Ultimate Wake Watersports. All you really need to bring is yourself, family, friends, and a smile. Oh, and your boat. Lots of opportunity to check out other peoples' stuff and ask questions. Both Moomba and Supra owners will be on hand for the event. Check out the new boats and go for a ride in or behind. It's a long, fun day. Bring your sun screen and a cooler. Yes there are drinks at lunch, but you might want something while on the water or just hanging at the dock. By the way, there is a nice inside restroom at the marina where docks are located. Best suggestion is to call and check the details with Ultimate Wake. Great group of people. Hope to see you there. - Deerfield

Paul W
07-31-2010, 03:47 PM
Not looking good for you guys on the Fox River. It was no wake for a week and it just closed today to any boats. Better start looking for water that is not flooded. Its a long shot that it will be open for you.
My boat has been sitting on dry land for a week now. They say that the water is to deep for the boats so they closed the river????????????:?
Paul

deerfield
08-02-2010, 05:40 PM
Not looking good for you guys on the Fox River.

According to Fox Waterway Agency, as of this afternoon the Fox River south of Stratton Lock & Dam remains closed. High water level combined with wave action from boats causes severe damage to docks, piers, and retaining walls along the river. It also covers otherwsie visible objects turning them into dangerous underwater obstacles to man and machine. Am hoping for the best and that it will reopen in time for this weekends reunion.

Suprahunter
08-03-2010, 06:11 AM
The event has been moved to Twin lake flooding should not be a problem. I have already moved my boat to GA.I'm afraid this will be my last time at this event.

walb0244
08-03-2010, 10:13 AM
What is a city near twin lakes? So I can find them online.

deerfield
08-03-2010, 04:10 PM
Twin Lakes is an incorporated town in southern Wisconsin located approximately four miles north of the Illinois state line and twenty miles west of Interstate 94. The town of Twin Lakes is home to: Lake Mary and Lake Elizabeth. A patch of dirt big enough for several homes separates the two lakes. Lance Park with its public beach and launch ramp is located toward the north end of Lake Mary. Access is via Lance Drive. Most of the property along the edge of Lake Mary is residential. Located at the north end of the lake is Pier West Restaurant. It has a nice bar and main dining room. A number of menu items, including the soup, are homemade. Service is friendly, but at times slow if crowded. Tie up at its pier and relax with a cold drink and plate of wings after a day on the water. If you see a black and red Outback sitting on a Shorestation lift at the very end of the pier, that's my little patch of paradise. Come aboard!

wolfeman131
08-04-2010, 11:10 AM
I have already moved my boat to GA.I'm afraid this will be my last time at this event.

Is that GA in reference to the State of Georgia? If so, where are you moving to? Maybe next year will be your first time at our Sinclair Jam?

Suprahunter
08-05-2010, 11:20 PM
Wolf
We are renting a house in Winder GA. untill we decide where we want to buy. I would be interested in any functions in the area.