PDA

View Full Version : Oil changes

04moblsv
08-11-2004, 09:39 PM
I just bought an '04 Mobius LSV in June. I had the oil changed at the dealer at 20hrs. so they could check everything out. It is now time for my 70hr. oil change. I know how to do the oil change but am kind of hesitant about doing it myself for warrany issues. The closest dealer is 150 miles from where I live. So taking it to them is a hassel.
What I am wondering, has anyone who has done their own oil changes dealt with Skiers Choice or Indmar with Warranty Issues and had to provide service records. Will just writing OIl changes and dates in the owners manual be sufficient or should I take the time to take it to the dealer to let them do all service to this boat. Just trying to protect my investment.

waterboy
08-16-2004, 04:41 AM
After getting the required dealer service for the first oil change, I kept a record of when I changed the oil. I also purchased the required oil from my dealer ( a case, enough for a few changes) and kept the receipt. My dealer told me that would satisfy any warranty issues if they came up. That was back in 2001 and I still keep a log in the owners manual, along with the receipts for oil and filters.

Brian