PDA

View Full Version : LSV owners using the jumbo sac.....

TL7
07-17-2010, 09:47 PM
How much more weight are you getting compared to the 750, roughly?

How did you brace the engine compartment door that is said to bulge? Any pictures of bracing?

newty
07-18-2010, 11:40 PM
I'm very interested to know as well. Anyone?

sailing217
07-19-2010, 10:30 AM
differnt boat, but I now pop my locker cover so guessing 950+lbs?

I did bend my locker wall. How I braced it: went to lowes and got 3/4" aluminum square bars. Hack saw to cut to size. At the bottom fastened them vertically to the floor with aluminum 'L' brackets. Drilled and bolted to the top of the locker support. Drilled and bolted at bottom to 'L' bracket. Works great and looks good. Didn't take long. Don't think I have pics.

sandm
07-19-2010, 10:41 AM
not sure if supra and moomba use a similar door. mine is carpeted on the locker side. my only issue has been with the small screws that hold the hinges down. pulled them out and replaced with stainless hex-head bolts 2" in length and replaced the ones that go thru the panels with 1" hex-head bolts as well. I had the hinges blow out and wedged the panel against the engine last year.

you da man
07-19-2010, 10:58 AM
What's the depth difference in the v-drive lockers between the LSV and the XLV? My 1100's never push up the cover and fill completely (vented as well so there's no air in there).

newty
07-19-2010, 11:16 PM
The front of the locker is 23" tall and the rear is 22".

you da man
07-19-2010, 11:58 PM
The front of the locker is 23" tall and the rear is 22".

I'll measure mine next time I'm at the boat.

newty
07-27-2010, 09:56 AM
I was chatting with Spencer with Wakemakers, and decided to pick up two of the new 1100lb Jumbo sacs.
I got them home yesterday and started some testing. I timed and verified the volume and filling of a 5 gallon bucket with my garden hose to get a gpm. Then started filling the the bag in the boat.
The bag took 17.30 minutes to fill. I had to plug the discharge to get it to fill all the way. I filled it until the sac was level with the top of the locker. That bag fills the entire compartment.

After checking and double checking my math if figured there was right at 1160 lbs of water in there, and thats without the locker door being popped up.
Needless to say I'm pretty happy with these sacs. I would highly recommend these sacs for surfing. I haven't tried them yet but I know what that kind of weight the enzo sacs I had before did and I'm sure they will be just fine... Plus I get my storage back under my seats.:D

I will likely have to add some bracing as I stuck a short 2x4 between the exhaust and the panel temporarily to keep it from bowing too much.

moombadaze
07-27-2010, 10:09 AM
Newty, any issues with the bag bowing the divider panel inwards to the engine?

Make sure to post a photo of your wave when you get out

newty
07-27-2010, 10:30 AM
Yea a little, but thats why I stuck a 2x4 between the panel and the exhaust manifold. Really helped, but now I need to find a little more perminent fix.

I'll get pics for sure next trip out.

cab13367
07-27-2010, 03:40 PM
Yea a little, but thats why I stuck a 2x4 between the panel and the exhaust manifold. Really helped, but now I need to find a little more perminent fix.

I'll get pics for sure next trip out.

Newty,

You confirmed my suspicion, that the 24x24x50 would fit nicely in there. Also, if you are only filling one side at a time for surfing, I am guessing the bag will not push much on that divider panel since the boat will be listing and the sac will be leaning away from it. But let us know and post some pics.

Thx,

Al

you da man
07-27-2010, 03:53 PM
Newty,

You confirmed my suspicion, that the 24x24x50 would fit nicely in there. Also, if you are only filling one side at a time for surfing, I am guessing the bag will not push much on that divider panel since the boat will be listing and the sac will be leaning away from it. But let us know and post some pics.

Thx,

Al

It will definitely push especially since the sac is being squished upwards more than in my XLV (XLV being wider). However, due to the depth of the XLV lockers, the 1100's do not come close to the lids.

cab13367
07-27-2010, 04:19 PM
It will definitely push especially since the sac is being squished upwards more than in my XLV (XLV being wider). However, due to the depth of the XLV lockers, the 1100's do not come close to the lids.

I think the LSV rear lockers are actually wider than the XLV's?? What's the width of your rear locker?

you da man
07-27-2010, 04:34 PM
I think the LSV rear lockers are actually wider than the XLV's?? What's the width of your rear locker?

I keep forgetting to measure the locker dimensions. However, when my 1100's are full to where they are tight and overflowing, they are still about 4" from touching the lid so that leads me to believe the XLV is slightly wider. Isn't the XLV beam 2" or 3" more than the LSV?