PDA

View Full Version : Food and snack ideas

raycharles
07-17-2010, 11:22 AM
The prep time that goes into a day on the lake includes some packing of food and snacks. I'd like to know of any recipes that folks have to keep the skiers and boarders fueled but also keep the fuss and trash down. Any tips appreciated.

jester
07-17-2010, 12:23 PM
Some of the basic foods i take out are apples and bannanas, clif bars and you cannot forget the gold fish.

moombadaze
07-17-2010, 12:41 PM
dorritos
cheese puffs
grape coolaid

not really

but what we do is

shandwich's
water
freshfruit
water
and best of all------kettle cooked jalipino flavored Wise chips--eatin on the swim platform
water
nice cold beer when we get home

Razzman
07-17-2010, 03:20 PM
Have two plastic bins or "snack shacks" as my grandson call them.

One has a variety of small chip packs and jerky. Nothing orange or red. The other has a variety of cookies, breakfast bars, energy bars, granola bars and trail mix. Again nothing orange or red.

Beverages are also easy, juice packs, water, soda and electolyte packs to add to the water which are great after a long day in the sun.

Pre-made sandwiches for lunch. Nothing fancy, just quick and dirty. The less hassles the better on the water, unless of course your one of those types that grills. But then you shoulda bought the GrillMobius! :p

gus 08 mobius lsv
07-17-2010, 03:33 PM
oreos are a must have when spending the day at the lake ! water and gatorade nutrigrain bars and pringles

skiyaker
07-17-2010, 06:31 PM
we've been eating wraps (don't forget the bacon), lots of nuts, and Herr's baby back rib flavored chips (well worth the cleanup)

wolfeman131
07-17-2010, 09:50 PM
my family loves taking sandwiches that are made on King's Hawaiian sweet rolls instead of regular bread. it holds up better in the cooler and they gobble up every last bite.

And we always have some Wise Snacks on board. :p

ssmith
07-18-2010, 08:24 AM
my family loves taking sandwiches that are made on King's Hawaiian sweet rolls instead of regular bread. it holds up better in the cooler and they gobble up every last bite.

+1 on the Hawaiian bread. Also Roarin' Water for the kids (flavored water with no color so it doesn't stain).

TeeRoy7
07-18-2010, 08:41 AM
Water and adult beverages in the cooler. We fill a ziplock full of uncrustables. The kids love them. Just make them eat on the swim deck because sometimes the jelly squirts out. Cheese sticks work great. Quaker carmel rice cakes because they don't make crumbs when eating them like chips. I am starting to get hungry.

kaneboats
07-18-2010, 11:31 AM
Wise snacks. Chewy granola bars because they don't crumb all over the place. Watch the chocolate chips though.

viking
07-18-2010, 03:01 PM
Water and adult beverages in the cooler. We fill a ziplock full of uncrustables. The kids love them. Just make them eat on the swim deck because sometimes the jelly squirts out. Cheese sticks work great. Quaker carmel rice cakes because they don't make crumbs when eating them like chips. I am starting to get hungry.

2nd on the Uncrustables. We use them all the time. The kids know that they eat of the swim deck no matter what they are munching on..............Ends up all over even if it's cheese sticks :) Don't ask me how they do it!

newyear14
07-18-2010, 07:21 PM

Ditto for Hawaiian bread plus shaved ham in the cooler. We may also buy Papa Murphy's pizza the night before and cook it the morning. Cold pizza is the best. As for drinks. water, capri sun, brisk iced tea, Mike's hard lemonade and beer.
For dessert, fresh cut up fruit, candy bars and oreos :).