PDA

View Full Version : Ballast drain pump pics

jmvotto
07-17-2010, 08:31 AM
On the pre 09 system ballast system, can some get me some pics of where the rule pumps are mounted in the rear lockers..

thanks.

i think i am way over analyzing this project:rolleyes:

you da man
07-17-2010, 11:00 AM
They should be mounted in the engine compartment on the transom as low as possible or you'll have priming issue.

jmvotto
07-17-2010, 01:22 PM
screw them directly to the transom or under the rear lockers?

how thick is the transom any ideas?

you da man
07-17-2010, 02:45 PM
It is thicker than you think. You only need two 1/2" or 5/8" inch screws plus the mounting bracket. I had to relocate one of my drain pumps because some incompetant technician at the dealer mounted it level with the floor of the rear locker. By mounting it level, water could not flow downhill to the pump and the pump had priming issues. When I unscrewed the pump I was suprised at the length of the screws...about an inch.

cab13367
07-18-2010, 01:31 AM
screw them directly to the transom or under the rear lockers?

how thick is the transom any ideas?

On my 06, they are NOT mounted on the transom. They are mounted in the engine compartment, towards the rear, on the vertical side wall of the engine compartment.

jmvotto
07-19-2010, 08:24 AM
thanks guys

jmvotto
07-25-2010, 11:01 PM
this is from an xlv , davinci engine rebuild project, no way i can get back there on my OBV 07 to mount these pumps. hopefully gonna do it tues, or wednesday weather permitting...

jmvotto
07-28-2010, 10:37 AM
On my 06, they are NOT mounted on the transom. They are mounted in the engine compartment, towards the rear, on the vertical side wall of the engine compartment.

al, can you get me any pics. I took a peek and its very tight back there in the 07 OBV.

anyone with a 06 to 08 obv with factory mounting gIII darin pumps, i would love to see pics.

I am having a hard time figuring out where to mount. the exhaust pipe seems to get in the way.

moombadaze
07-28-2010, 11:18 AM
Jm, I replaced one of my empty pumps and just didnt feel like putting it back into the braket (was a pain to get out)-so its basically being held in place down under the engine with a couple zip ties.

VA LSV
07-28-2010, 11:59 AM
Mounted mine the same orientation as in the pic in my 05 LSV but to the side walls at the front of the engine. Ran the discharge hoses striaght to the rear bulkhead and then up and over to the thru hull fittings. No hoses laying in the bilge floor.

cab13367
07-28-2010, 01:47 PM
al, can you get me any pics. I took a peek and its very tight back there in the 07 OBV.

anyone with a 06 to 08 obv with factory mounting gIII darin pumps, i would love to see pics.

I am having a hard time figuring out where to mount. the exhaust pipe seems to get in the way.

Sorry Joe, we are heading out to my brother's lakehouse tomorrow and will be too busy packing tonight to take and post pics. Since my boat is different than yours, I don't know if the pics from my boat will be that helpful.

But if you look at the pic from davinci's boat that you posted, mine are mounted just in front of where the exhaust elbows turn up. They are mounted to the side wall right there and are mounted horizontally instead of vertically as in davinci's boat. The one on the port side is mounted right under the blower hose and in front of the rubber exhaust elbow.

jmvotto
07-28-2010, 10:42 PM
Thanks guys, i will try and get them mounted soonright in front of the exhaust to the side wall. i confirm the OBV location with SC this afternoon as well, just can't seem to find 6hrs to set aside. to get r done

Al, enjoy you vacation. your brothers x-25 will be alot of fun to play behind. the wakeboard wake on those things are huge. enjoy

cab13367
07-29-2010, 10:25 AM
Thanks guys, i will try and get them mounted soonright in front of the exhaust to the side wall. i confirm the OBV location with SC this afternoon as well, just can't seem to find 6hrs to set aside. to get r done

Al, enjoy you vacation. your brothers x-25 will be alot of fun to play behind. the wakeboard wake on those things are huge. enjoy

Thx Joe. I am looking forward to riding behind his new boat as well as trying foil sports for the first time! Not to mention spending a week with family.

kaneboats
07-29-2010, 11:41 AM
Have a good time, Al. We expect a full report w/ pics. :)

jmvotto
08-10-2010, 11:05 AM
I found where i want to mount the drain pumps. wher do i want to fill from the bow side of the locker or the stearn side. I am leaning toward the stearn side for tidiness of fill and drain lines both at the back. i have the bags with three holes. fill drain and vent.

brain_rinse
08-10-2010, 11:34 AM
Vent towards the bow as it's higher and will let more air escape. So then you'd fill from the top rear and drain from the bottom rear.

jmvotto
08-10-2010, 11:42 AM
Vent towards the bow as it's higher and will let more air escape. So then you'd fill from the top rear and drain from the bottom rear.

thank you.

I hope i actually get to this before the season ends.... My wife says i can't use lake time for these projects and i only see the boat on the weekends at the lake house:confused: may have to do it in steps , piece by piece:rolleyes:

kaneboats
08-10-2010, 11:54 AM
Well you don't want to pray for rain; that's for sure.

jmvotto
08-10-2010, 12:00 PM
Well you don't want to pray for rain; that's for sure.

thats for sure.....

wolfeman131
08-11-2010, 10:09 AM
My wife says i can't use lake time for these projects and i only see the boat on the weekends at the lake house

I have the same problem! Makes it tough for me to read the "Mods" section of the board.