PDA

View Full Version : injured bummer

skiyaker
07-16-2010, 08:43 PM
sitting here at the lake with a swollen purple left foot. I don't remember the fall at all-just the pain after- but the observer said I dunked the front of the ski preturn on my offside. not sure how long I'll be out but I can't walk on it at all right now. looks like I'll be a designated boat driver for now- but the dream is not over.

deerfield
07-16-2010, 10:12 PM
I dunked the front of the ski preturn on my offside.

ski - Wow. Hard to imagine how the front of the ski dunked on the pre turn. Did you have a ton of slack that resulted in you getting low in the water and pulled over the front? Maybe the experts can chime in here. Hope everyone appreciates the driving you'll be doing and you heal up soon. - Deerfield

kaneboats
07-16-2010, 10:23 PM
Sorry to hear. Be well soon!

skiyaker
07-16-2010, 10:36 PM
Deerfield man I really wish I had some recall of what happened leading up to the event but I don't-really strange since I didn't hit my head at all. I was skiing in open water and there were some rollers out there so my best guess is that I caught something just as I was initiating my edge change but again I couldn't even remember what side of the boat I was on- so I'm relying on what others are telling me. for now it's rest, ice, motrin, compression, and beer.

jmvotto
07-16-2010, 11:41 PM
Ice an beer perfect recovery script.

get better soon..

graybmg
07-18-2010, 08:50 AM
Get well soon! I've been out for whatever reason here and there and it's just killer waiting to ski again.

ian ashton
07-19-2010, 10:58 PM
Was it on the new ski? I hope you've gotten a chance to ride it!

skiyaker
07-20-2010, 06:57 AM
yup it was on the new ski- I think I'll move the bindings back to the original position for now. I've told my wife those vector boots have a lot of support so as soon as I can walk I can ski again

BensonWdby
07-20-2010, 07:57 AM
Had a similar unexpected fall (no injury thankfully) after moving my bindings forward on my Annex. Buried the tip in the trough off the second wake going into the weak sid. No warning - just smack... In my case it was OTF and ring the bell pretty hard. Moved binding back to stock setting based on several experts recommendations.