PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Boomerang

Sled491
07-16-2010, 06:55 PM
So a guy on our lake has a 2000 Boomerang that he bought new and only has 35 hrs on it now. Unfortunately he has left it outside for some time with out a cover, and his idea of securing his boat to a pier appears to be different than 99.999% of us, hence a considerable amount of dock rash, and not just decals right into the gel coat.

So another buddy of mine got him to put in the lake so we could try it out. I said it reportedly had an awsum slalom wake. Well the motor was running strong then started to act up after a couple of high speed passes, we think fuel filter. Still managed to get one run in behind it. For those that ski 34 - 36 the wake is incredible. For those in the 30 - 32 range you probably would not like it.

The next day the rest of our group went to look at it. We were thinking of buying it as a group and making it our dedicated slalom boat. Problem is the guy thinks because it has low hours its at the top of the NADA scale. Guess he missed the condition of the rest of the boat.

deerfield
07-16-2010, 07:52 PM
We were thinking of buying it as a group and making it our dedicated slalom boat.

Sled - With the right group of guys and at the right price, could be the perfect community tow boat. Gather up cash and put it in front of the guy. Could be that he can't resist the money and you guys have a deal. - Deerfield

Sled491
07-16-2010, 07:57 PM
I agree, except one of the guys who skies at 30 was less than impressed. The 3 others including myself were completly on board.

moombadaze
07-17-2010, 09:25 AM
sell your outback, pickup the boomerang and then get a lsv for surfing---you will have the best of both worlds

sandm
07-18-2010, 08:56 PM
buddy has a 94 boomerang. he slaloms at around 35 and said it's the best wake he's ever NOT seen...
best boat he ever bought...

good luck..

deerfield
07-18-2010, 10:56 PM
he slaloms at around 65.

sandm - Clarify the above. Is that boat speed, line length, or something else? - Deerfield

sandm
07-19-2010, 09:40 AM
sorry, 35. was in a hurry and fat-fingered it :)

I can't even imagine going 65 across the water

ot, his brother is blind as a bat w/o his glasses on. first trip in that boat up to the lake, he was pulling rod, the owner of the boat(I was flagger). the boat has 2 speedo's and 1 tach, but one of the speedo's was not working. he kept complaining of the boat not pulling hard. found out at the end of the run his brother had been watching the tach, not the speedo.. rod was real disappointed in the boat's performance(and thinking about selling) until he found that out.. still a funny story for us today :)

Sled491
07-19-2010, 05:30 PM
Daze that would be ideal, and this year we have great water for getting an LSV in and out of our frontage, but most years it just wouldn't work for us. Unfortunatly of fortunatly depends how you look at it our next addition will be a pontoon.

moombadaze
07-19-2010, 05:54 PM
toons are fun to have as long as its the 2nd boat in the fleet

Sled491
07-21-2010, 03:45 PM
absolutely, I wouldn't have it any other way