PDA

View Full Version : Another tower speaker hook up ?

ducatichris
07-16-2010, 11:33 AM
So I bought 4 Roswell cans with the Kicker speakers (that have the tweeters on them) and a Kicker ZX250.2 amp from a fellow Moomba board member. (Thanks again Brian for the great deal)

I have already drilled the holes in my tower and pulled the fish tape through and am waiting to pull the actual wires through tonight when I get home.

What is the best way to connect the speakers from the amp?

So lets call the speakers: Left speaker A and Left speaker B
Do I run (+ & -) speaker wire from channel one (amp) to:
Left speaker A and then a jumper (+ & -) to Left speaker B?

-OR-

Do I run (+ & -) speaker wire from channel one (amp) to:
(+) teminal on Left speaket A and then the (-) terminal on Left speaker B
and then run a jumper from the (-) terminal on Left A to the (+) terminal on Left B?

Any input would be great since I do not know the exact specs on the amp or the speakers.

my email is: cknight201 (at) sbcglobal (dot) net

Thanks in advance!
Chris

kaneboats
07-16-2010, 07:54 PM
That was like deja vu all over again.

Brianinpdx
07-16-2010, 08:01 PM
Hey chief - this was just answered in a post a few threads down.... rather than retype you all the info I'll borrrow this from CAB

You would wire the second speaker in parallel with the first one, meaning, you would connect the "-" from one speaker to the "-" on the other, and the same with the positives. Assuming that each speaker is a 4 ohm speaker, which most are, then the amp is seeing a 2 ohm load per channel. Let's say ur amp is rated 60w per channel rms at 4 ohms and 90w per channel at 2 ohms. Running one speaker per side means each speaker is getting 60w rms. Running two speakers per side wired in parallel means each side gets 90w but u have two speakers per side so each speaker would get 45w. Does that make sense? - CAB

As A side note to CAB's elite wire plan, make sure you feed your tower some heavy gauge wires, and take care of your amplifier with some good 4 gauge power cable. Dont forget to fuse the sysetm with atleast a 150-200A main fuse.

Cheers

-Brian
Exile Audio

ducatichris
07-16-2010, 09:49 PM
Thanks guys for not flaming me to bad. I wasn't paying close enough attention to that thread. I am just overly excited about hooking up the new speakers and I want to make sure I don't hook them up incorrectly and damage.

Has anyone with the Kicker speakers that have the tweeters on the side (6.5's I think but I'm not sure of exact model) had the tweeter come loose out of the housing?

I just got these and am installing them and noticed this one tweeter loose?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks from a newbie.

Chris

kaneboats
07-16-2010, 10:21 PM
Don't sweat it one bit. You are absolutely entitled to ask your own question in your own thread. Guys do get tired of answering a question they answered the same day though. Most of us will post a link to the thread if we can find it. Enjoy!

Brianinpdx
07-16-2010, 10:27 PM
Let us know how the install goes. Don't worry about the repost. Forums can get overwhelming . Have fun tonight

ducatichris
07-17-2010, 02:35 AM
Any thoughts on the Tweeter issue?
It looks as though the tweeter dome is still wired into larger section of the roswell can but the magnet has come off/detatched from the dome.

It this something that I can just push back on and and run with or not?