PDA

View Full Version : Getting Back Into It - After a 10 Year Break

Numan
08-10-2004, 09:59 PM
Greetings -

I was an avid waterskier for many, many years. I have owned a Master Craft, a Ski Centurion and a Ski Brendella. Sold everything back in 1994 to buy a house and have kids. Now that the kids are a bit older, it is time to get back to it.

I don't want to spend a trainload of money just yet, and have limited space for storing. I also want something that will trailer, load & launch with ease. For these reasons, I am thinking of looking for a used Boomerang. It should be noted this boat will be used primarily for ripin' slalom + barefoot skiing.

Any feedback from current or former Boomerang owners would be much appreciated. Also - could a Chrysler Town & Country 3.8L V6 pull one? (Sorry for the ultra lame vehicle, but I did mention I have little kids . . .)

Anyway, please share your wisdom with me, Moomba People.

Thanks!

AJones
08-10-2004, 10:27 PM
We love our Boomerang. Great slalom wakes and plenty fast enough for barefooting. It pulls fine behind our Jeep Liberty with a 3.8 liter. But the Jeep is a little heavier duty and we only live a couple of miles from the boat ramp. We had a 4.0 liter Jeep Cherokee before the Liberty and the 3.8 seems just as strong if not stronger. The older Jeep got better gas mileage though. I guess it all depends on how good of shape your vehicle is in and how far you are towing. I wore out a 2.8 liter v-6 s-10 pulling my bass boat to tournaments in East Tennessee, Georgia and across the mountains to South Carolina.

purplepower
08-11-2004, 07:58 AM
I went through the same thought process last year. I picked up a great boomerang with 50 hrs on it. It is a fantastic ski boat. The kids are now getting into wakeboarding and it will be fine for that for a few years yet.
You will miss not having a bowrider with a young family. However if (like me) it gets you on the water then you will have no regrets.

Tony

Ktn_cmu
08-11-2004, 01:18 PM
I just bought a 92 Boomerang 3 weeks ago. I love it, I slalom, and it has a beautiful wake for doing so. It has 285 hp PCM engine with 350 hours. Did I mention I love it? Pulls hard and straight and NOW. Trailering and launching is super easy, and I can't tell it's even back there (full-size chevy though) on the road.

Kyle