PDA

View Full Version : Issues getting up to speed/on plain

LURK19
07-14-2010, 12:52 PM
Our 2009 LSV was taking forever to get on plain yesterday. Center bag full - both 750# rear bags full - 3 people in the boat - trim down full to 3/4Q - me at 190lbs on a wakeboard behind the boat. Couldn't get a concrete answer from wife/driver is Wakeboard Pro was grabbing too early (too low of speed). We should have the wakeboard prop but to be honest I never checked.
Any ideas?

bzubke1
07-14-2010, 01:16 PM
Thats probably too much weight in the rear. Try dropping some weight in the rear or adding some in the bow.

jmvotto
07-14-2010, 01:25 PM
Thats like 8 175lb peeps sitting on the swim deck. it will take a while to plain. why so much weight in the rear?

you da man
07-14-2010, 01:55 PM
Do you "need" both 750's full to wakeboard? The weight and/or distribution is probably the issue but if you don't have the right prop, that's another issue as well

sandm
07-14-2010, 02:31 PM
one of the 14x14 props should pop you right out of the water. swap out if you are using the 13x17.

yager97
07-14-2010, 02:44 PM
thats simply weighted wrong. 1500 pounds in the rear, and whats the stock front, 400 pounds? you need to add at least another 700 pounds to the front of that boat or you are just wasting gas all day trying to get on plane, and I imagine when you do get on plane, you cant get going at any speed because the boat will be porpoising like crazy. 60% weight in the back, 40% weight in the front. you can switch out props all day but your boat is weighted wrong for wakeboarding.

brain_rinse
07-14-2010, 03:04 PM
I would agree with what was posted so far. Add some weight up front if you want to run those 750s full. The integrated bow sac is an awesome upgrade for these boats. Also check your prop. Info will be stamped on the face.

One other suggestion would be to adjust you perfect pass. You can calibrate how aggressive it responds and dial it n based on how much weight you are running.

cab13367
07-14-2010, 08:50 PM
Our 2009 LSV was taking forever to get on plain yesterday. Center bag full - both 750# rear bags full - 3 people in the boat - trim down full to 3/4Q - me at 190lbs on a wakeboard behind the boat. Couldn't get a concrete answer from wife/driver is Wakeboard Pro was grabbing too early (too low of speed). We should have the wakeboard prop but to be honest I never checked.
Any ideas?

I'm guessing u have the stock prop. Pls read the numbers on it and let us know what they are.

LURK19
07-14-2010, 09:08 PM
No, I don't need to have the 750's full to wakeboard. The boat is new and only been in the water a month we're just figuring everything out. Filled them full to see what it did. Figured it was a weight distribution issue, like most of you said, but wanted to be sure. Surprisingly the boat does not porpoise at all.
Did look at the prop it is OJ 13.x 17.x. Is that the upgraded wakeboard prop?

Thanks for help everyone.

brain_rinse
07-14-2010, 09:29 PM
No, I don't need to have the 750's full to wakeboard. The boat is new and only been in the water a month we're just figuring everything out. Filled them full to see what it did. Figured it was a weight distribution issue, like most of you said, but wanted to be sure. Surprisingly the boat does not porpoise at all.
Did look at the prop it is OJ 13.x 17.x. Is that the upgraded wakeboard prop?

Thanks for help everyone.

That's the standard/stock prop. You can keep the porpoising to a minimum with the plate but at the expense of the wake. For now I would run the 750s a little over half full, put the wake plate in the dead center and have your buddies move around to dial in the best wake from there.

VA LSV
07-15-2010, 07:24 AM
Wakeboard prop is 14.25x14. Def need to reprop if you plan on running heavy ballast. Lots of info on here about Acme vs OJ.