PDA

View Full Version : Noise in my boat

walb0244
07-13-2010, 03:23 PM
Getting a nose and slight vibration in my boat. The nose is not all the time. It feels like it is coming from under the floor near the fuel tank. So I would guess maybe something to do with the Vdrive????? It does it like every 45 mins or so. Doesn't do it constantly. It only lasts for about 5 or 10 seconds. To me it kinda sounds like something is slipping but the boat speed doesn't change at all. I also thought maybe a bearing. Anybody got any ideas where maybe I need to start to figure out what the noise is.

thesack
07-13-2010, 03:54 PM
With it being every 45 minutes it is not a bearing, unless there is another problem. Vibration caused from a bearing would be constant.

Check your fluid levels in your Vdrive and transmission. Check your bilge pump to see how it is working.

walb0244
07-13-2010, 04:16 PM
I checked the transmission and the Vdrive fluid levels. They looked fine.

I'm pretty sure it isn't the bulge pump. I know what it normally sounds like. I stopped once after the noise and the bulge pump was working fine. Also, when I hear the noise it isn't pumping any water out of the boat.

thesack
07-13-2010, 04:27 PM
I would still look at one of your pumps kicking on and running dry then kicking off. Anything mechanically related to the Vdrive would be constant. Your bilge will sound different from when it is pumping water vs pumping dry.