PDA

View Full Version : Faria Fuel Manager - anyone install one?

cgriebs
07-13-2010, 01:05 PM
Hey guys (girls),

Has anyone installed one of these in our boats? I've got a '06 LS (EFI) with two speedo's and I'm looking to remove one speedo and install a fuel use meter like the one here:

http://www.faria-instruments.com/fuel_manager.php.

Looks like a fairly easy install. Our stock fuel filter appears to filter down to 10microns, so it would appear that our system meets the minimum standard for the unit.

What do you guys think? It would be nice to monitor available fuel left in the tank with more reliability than our stock fuel gauge, which seems to read very conservatively once I've used 20 gallons or so.

New Guy
07-13-2010, 01:31 PM
I prefer to not know how much fuel I am going through. I just want a smile on my face so even filling up makes me happy because anytime you can get on the water is a good time

ORboatpilot
07-13-2010, 03:21 PM
I emailed Faria yesterday with this message: I have a Indmar multi-port fuel injected engine that I would like to install your fuel manager gauge on. How does this gauge track the fuel going back to the tank in the return line? Can the transducer be installed in the high pressure side of the fuel pump in other words right before the injector rails? Looking forward to your response. Casey

I got this today
Fuel manager currently unavailable and not suitable for systems with a tank return at all.:(

jester
07-13-2010, 05:07 PM
It would be kind of nice to have just for a shock factor. I noticed on their page thay say "For use in Gas Engines Only. Do Not use with fuels containing Ethanol"

Guess that leaves out installing this in Oregon.