PDA

View Full Version : Sirius add-on for the MB Quart Nautiq setup

loudsubz
07-12-2010, 07:21 PM
Anyone do the Sirius add on with their factory MB Quart system? We have the wm1-bb with the 3 wired remotes and we were looking at setting up Sirius on the boat. I read the manual and it mentioned the Sirius receiver and antenna, but I am not sure if it needs to be a specific one that works with the MB Quart system or just any sirius receiver with the correct plug?

Anyone who has done this can chime in?

thanks

EarmarkMarine
07-12-2010, 11:34 PM
LS,
Here is what I think is the status. If there is new or different info available, I would also like to know.
Although MBQ displays the Sirius logo on their site I don't believe they have actually brought a tuner to market that you can operate from the factory remote controls.
However, the source unit does have an RCA auxilary input where you can hardwire a stand-alone tuner. The RCA cable can be extended to the driver's helm so that the tuner's independent controller is convenient to use.
With an electronic source selector you can manage an ipod on this input also and maintain the operation from the ipod menu (from the dash area too). I bring the ipod issue up because you'll find the USB is limited as well.

David
Earmark Marine