PDA

View Full Version : midwest mini jam?

gus 08 mobius lsv
07-12-2010, 06:40 PM
still nothing going on in ohio mi ill in ky or tenn for a moomba get together?

patrick232
07-14-2010, 08:11 AM
I have my boat back up in Ohio now thur October. We will be down at Deer Creek for most weekends this summer, till soccer games start August 21st.
What lake do you ride at?

gus 08 mobius lsv
07-14-2010, 11:56 AM
I have my boat back up in Ohio now thur October. We will be down at Deer Creek for most weekends this summer, till soccer games start August 21st.
What lake do you ride at?

i go to salt fork lake mainly really close to i 70\ i 77 interchange
i'm about 15 miles north of there.
always looking to check out new lakes so tell me a little about deer creek? i have some family in columbus area so if its down that way i'd get to meet up with them too. i talked to them about coming to alum creek but my cousin said too many idiots on the water there for him to go.
does deer creek have camping as well ?

patrick232
07-14-2010, 05:01 PM
Deer Creek is a hidden gem, same distance from the center of Columbus as Alum, but less traffic.

They have camping with full hookups. I'm thinking about taking the kids camping the first weekend in August down there.

Here is a link: http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/parks/deercrk/tabid/725/Default.aspx

gus 08 mobius lsv
07-15-2010, 08:34 AM
oh ok always looking for those kinda places. so its not crazy busy on a sunday afternoon ... is the water pretty calm for wake boarding? thanks for the link i'll check it out and see when we can make it down that way and hit ya up for sure

patrick232
07-15-2010, 08:53 AM
Before noon and after 6 it's smooth. How is Salt Fork, never been there?

gus 08 mobius lsv
07-15-2010, 01:08 PM
just like any lake its got its inconsiderate boaters but i love it here just wanna get out and check out some new lakes in the state. two decent size ski zones camping and beaches and even got cottages along the water. sundays are bout the same as your lake get here early and only fisherman on the water till about 11-1 then around 4-5 people start leaving and its nice again. there's around 6 launch ramps in various places so its not like everyone is fitting for the same ramp or parking spots but holidays are pretty crazy here!

patrick232
07-16-2010, 10:49 AM
We are heading to Griggs after work tonight, but have not chosen a lake for Saturday are you guys going out?

We will be at Buckeye Lake on August 15th for a concert at http://www.captnwoodys.com/band/index.php?month=08&year=2010. They are a cover band from Cincy.

gus 08 mobius lsv
07-17-2010, 09:41 AM
i'm out there every sunday and a night or two thru out the week i work sat so its hard to get away unless its a sunday