PDA

View Full Version : spare boat parts

gus 08 mobius lsv
07-12-2010, 11:37 AM
were getting ready to hit up lake cumberland for a 5 day vacation in a few weeks and its gonna be 6 hours from home and i wanna make sure i have all spare parts i might need to make a minor repair. yeah my boat is only 2 years old but i was thinking impeller and some fuses...anything else and do i go thru skiers choice or somewhere online be better?

deerfield
07-12-2010, 05:55 PM
gus - My boat has a plastic box that always, always is tucked in a storage space so it is available in the event of breakdown. Spare parts it contains: new impeller and gasket, water pump/alternator belt, and large fresh water hoses from engine top side (there are two on the Outback). Impeller was from an online store. Rest of the spare parts I got from my Moomba dealer. Also in the box: roll of duct tape, clear swim goggles, knife, and tools necessary to switcht the spare parts. Like American Express card, don't leave the pier without these. Hope you have a great vacation. - Deerfield

JesseC
07-13-2010, 02:00 PM
I always carry an extra bilge pump motor that I pre-splice with connectors. I cut the old one and added the same connectors. Nothing will shut your day down quicker than a dead bilge pump and a bilge full of water!!! I also carry a 2 pack of drain plugs from Walmart. I dropped the original in the lake at the ramp and almost ruined a good day on the lake. Luckily we found it and I went and bought the extras the next day!!!

brain_rinse
07-13-2010, 02:20 PM
A fuel filter might be another to add.

clarkro2
07-13-2010, 03:25 PM
A fuel filter might be another to add.

and a set of Jumper cables, preferably 25 feet.

gus 08 mobius lsv
07-13-2010, 05:14 PM
ok so after reading everything i'm gonna stock an extra bilge pump, impeller, fuel filter, belt and fuses

i remember an old post saying skidim being the place to get the impeller will they be the best place to get everything i need?

deerfield
07-13-2010, 05:25 PM
i remember an old post saying skidim being the place to get the impeller will they be the best place to get everything i need?

gus - Probably, yes. Maybe go online today and order what is available. Tomorrow follow up to customer service with any quesitons and confirm skidim got the order. Then, anything not available from skidim you could pick up from a local skiers choice dealer or auto parts supply house. In a day or two you should have everything you need in the event of breakdown while on vacation. - Deerfield

davinci
07-13-2010, 09:15 PM
Don't forget an extra motor and tranny/rudder/steering wheel/seats and a few umbrella's in case it starts raining oh! a mechanic on board if possible LOL:D