PDA

View Full Version : Time to wire G1 to GIII

jmvotto
07-11-2010, 11:19 PM
Anyone who has upgraded from gI to gIII know what the approx time commitment is. I am trying to carve out some time to see if i can do it as the boat sits in our lift at the lake house. I don't want to take away from family or lake time.so i may take a weekday evening and get it done. it is an hour from work:mad:

I have all the factory wiring harnesses, switch plate and drain pumps. need to wire the valves, pull the floor, run the wire, mount the fuse block and switch plate, cut switch plate hole, plumb rear balasts and two thru hulls... re -install floor test pumps or vice versa..

what do you think 20, 30 minutes... LOL:p

jester
07-12-2010, 12:30 AM
I am about to do the same thing. I am looking at about 6 hours for the project. Well 6 hours plus a day since I am also installing a new intake and need to let the adhesive set. If you are only installing valves and not an intake pump for each bag it will cut down the time. My math is below. Hope it helps. Also this is my best guess.

Change out intake = 40 min plus one day to seal.
reassamble intake with 3 pumps( one pump per bag) = 1 hour
drill holes for bags = umm 20 min per side X 2 = 40 min
run hoses to two new bags = 30 min
run vent and drain hoses = 1 hour
Pull floor = 20 min
run wires = 45 min. ( I take my time with this since I like my wires nice)
wire up pumps = 20 min
wire up switches = 20 min
The time it takes for me to go oo shoot what was i thinking = 30 min

Total project time = about 6 hours
This does not include prep of parts and building the system on my coffee table so i know what i am doing.

Hope this helps

jmvotto
07-12-2010, 08:34 AM
thanks, looks like maybe two evenings....:mad: