PDA

View Full Version : wakeboard set up for a beginner

T_M
07-09-2010, 11:20 PM
Greetings, I'm looking for suggestions for a wakeboard set up for a beginner. That would be me. I would consider my son to be an intermediate wake boarder and he currently has a Hyperlite State 140. I'm 6'3 215 if that helps. Thanks for any suggestions.

flex
07-12-2010, 03:13 PM
at your height & weight, get the biggest board possible, lol. if you have local ski/wakeboard school, they probably have a few demos you can try before you purchase.

kaneboats
07-12-2010, 04:47 PM
Definitely look for a 141 or 143 cm board (although be aware that wider boards do not have to be quite as long). Invest in some decent bindings that will get you through the next couple of levels and will last a few seasons. Nothing at all wrong with shopping ebay and grabbing a deal on a used board or two to try them out. Try all the boards you can to find what you like. Watch "THE BOOK" as soon as you can. Good luck!

tysonma
08-05-2010, 01:07 AM
I'm 6'3 205. I learned to ride on the hyperlite premier. It was excellent and still ride it from time to time. Although I ride Ronix now, the premier was a great starter. would go w/at least a 140.

T_M
08-20-2010, 06:40 PM
I never did thank you guys for your feedback and recommendations...that's poor forum etiquette. So thanks!

I'm still looking for a board but don't want to spend a mint on a new one. I missed out on a couple of great local Craig's list opportunity due to travel commitments. In the meantime, I've been progressing nicely (for me) using my son's HL State 140. But I'll be keeping my eyes open on Craigs as well as the end of season sales. Heading out for an early run tomorrow morning before the wind and the crows show up. Cheers!

jmvotto
08-20-2010, 10:55 PM
check boardersmall for daily specials and closeouts.
I got my ronix vault there.

http://boardersmall.com/xcart/home.php?cat=983

ebay is a good source as well for deals

you da man
08-21-2010, 04:17 AM
check boardersmall for daily specials and closeouts.
I got my ronix vault there.

http://boardersmall.com/xcart/home.php?cat=983

ebay is a good source as well for deals

I currently ride a Ronix Vault as well as my first board. It's a nice, solid board that is great for a beginner all the way to advanced tricks. It tracks good, has great acceleration, and is forgiving in my opinion. I have it matched with Ronix One bindings.

jmvotto
08-21-2010, 07:52 AM
I currently ride a Ronix Vault as well as my first board. It's a nice, solid board that is great for a beginner all the way to advanced tricks. It tracks good, has great acceleration, and is forgiving in my opinion. I have it matched with Ronix One bindings.

I made a mistake and bought some HL bindings that did not fit right, Then i picked up some Obrien Xenon bindings, tough call over the ronix ones's:D much better to ride with comfy bindings