PDA

View Full Version : move the sweet spot out further?

spyder
07-08-2010, 03:24 PM
I can make a decent wake in the Mobius LSV, but I would like a longer curl and sweet spot, I am always riding so close to the swim platform.

My Setup...

Fatsac in the rear, I think its 450 or 550.
Center ski locked filled
Plate all the way up

and I usually use my other sac, 450 or 550 just behind where the passenger seat is on the floor.

do I need more weight in the bow to push the curl out further?

brain_rinse
07-08-2010, 03:55 PM
Strangely enough, I think you might have too much weight up front (relatively speaking.) As an experiment you might try throwing all your weight in the rear corner (stack the bags or throw one on the platform) and see what you think. Adding weight up front helps lengthen the wave, but only if you've got enough in the back to start with.

Sharpie647
07-08-2010, 04:15 PM
move the wake plate down some and i think you'll find the wake will not be as tall but you'll be able to surf further back. I use a similar weight setup and usually am half to 3/4 up on the wake plate.

you da man
07-08-2010, 05:50 PM
A fast test is to keep your set up and have a 400+lbs of people move to the bow. See if this lengthens the pocket. You can also lower the plate slightly. Also, you may want to try to fill the opposite side sac with a couple hundred pounds to see if it will add more push to your wave

04OUTBACK
07-09-2010, 08:38 PM
300 in front lengthens mine.... play with plate..
i find the wake looks different when riding it than when looking from drivers seat.
My fave setup for surfing:
750 in rear.. a few folks on port side and 300-400 up front.

B