PDA

View Full Version : Warranty Rejection

Salyers
07-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Hey guys I need some help. My depth finder went crazy over 4th of July weekend. Showed half numbers and wouldn't stop beeping. Checked everything out and wiring looked good. Ended up unplugging it and just finishing out the weekend.

Reached 50hrs on the boat and took it to Marine Outfitters in Charlston,TN. My original dealer Alabama Watersports has unfortunately become another victim of our poor economy.

Anyway the Dealer said I need a new depth finder and that SC rejected the warranty. Purchased boat on 7-7-09. Took boat in on 7-6-10 with complaint. So just under the 1 year mark(barely). The Dealer (Marine Outfitters) said that would try to see what they could do.

I want to know if there is anything else I can do to help dealer get SC to honor warranty?

29racer
07-08-2010, 11:59 PM
what was the reason they give you for not honoring warranty?

thesack
07-09-2010, 11:44 AM
Have you tried calling SC and talking to someone directly? Since you are within the warranty time frame they should be covering it.

Salyers
07-09-2010, 09:35 PM
They said that I purchased the boat on 7-2-09 (At least thats what the computer says to the dealer). But I signed the papers/financing and took delivery on 7-7-09 and have a copy of the bill of sale. I am going to let the dealer attempt to resolve the issue. Really awesome of them since they didn't sell me the boat!

If that fails I guess I'll go another route. It seemed like I hear a lot about the great customer service from SC so I hope they back up what people on here say about them.

Salyers
07-12-2010, 06:40 PM
Very satisfied with marine outfitters in Charlston, TN. Went above and beyond considering they didn't sell me the Boat. SC covered warranty on depth gauge.

By the way considering buying new Axis 22 if they will come down 2000 of the price and Bigger issue if I can sell my current Boat! I'll keep u posted.