PDA

View Full Version : Kamberra

Matt W
08-05-2004, 10:25 AM
I am looking at a 2001 Kamberra with the 310 hp engine, wake plate, tower, etc. I have read about problems with spider cracking along the hull-to-deck joint on Moomba's before, but the owner says there are none on this boat. I am also concerned about the integrity of the tower. Is there anything else I should check?

I have a DD Centurion so I have never had a V-Drive before. Are there any major differences in maintanance, handling, etc??

BOOM-BA
08-06-2004, 08:51 AM
I have a kamberra walkabout and have yet to experience any spider cracking. I added the tower after the purchase of the boat. It has performed well so far without incident. With that said, I only have 110hrs on the boat.

I have had the dealer perform all the preventative maintenance thus far. I just feel more comfotable with it going to the dealer to be checked out especially with the v-drive.

I do have a friend that performs his own maint. on his v-drive and he says it is not that difficult to do. You should be happy with the boat.

BOOM-BA
08-06-2004, 08:52 AM
I have a kamberra walkabout and have yet to experience any spider cracking. I added the tower after the purchase of the boat. It has performed well so far without incident. With that said, I only have 110hrs on the boat.

I have had the dealer perform all the preventative maintenance thus far. I just feel more comfotable with it going to the dealer to be checked out especially with the v-drive.

I do have a friend that performs his own maint. on his v-drive and he says it is not that difficult to do. You should be happy with the boat.