PDA

View Full Version : 08 XLV wakeplate problem

Fastfifty
07-08-2010, 02:01 PM
Hi Everyone!

I just bought an 08 XLV Gravity games. The wakeplate retracts down but does not come back up. I read the previous posts about a loose wire but i don't think that's the case because the pump at the back makes a clicking sound when I try to trim up... It's actually the relay that clicks... Any recommendations? There is plenty of oil in the tank.. Could it be that I maybe need a new relay or a new actuator? I don't have the time to drop it off at a dealer because there aren't any nearby, so i will order what i need over the phone and have it overnighted to Vernon where i will be for the next 2 weeks... Please, if anyone might be able to help me in any way you can reply or even phone me at 403-874-7843..

Thank you!

MartinCaron
07-08-2010, 02:31 PM
I tested my hydrolic pump last year by getting it out of the boat and pluging it direclty on a car battery with 2 wires.
Those are pretty simple: a ground wire, a forward wire and a backward wire.
Watch out! if the wake plate stays down, it will spill oil by the hoses while your disconecting them because there is some springs in the actuator forcing them to retract. Its a good idea to have someone hanging on the plate, slowly letting retract the hole thing while you maintain the hoses ends in a bowl.

brain_rinse
07-08-2010, 02:49 PM
Contact Bennett who makes the wakeplate setup. They are great to work with! http://www.bennetttrimtabs.com/contactus.php

MartinCaron
07-08-2010, 03:06 PM
Hi Everyone!
i don't think that's the case because the pump at the back makes a clicking sound when I try to trim up...
Thank you!

The solenoid valve on the pump is making this noise. You should also hear the motor turn.

squeeg333
07-09-2010, 11:25 AM
Fastfifty - This sounds to me like a case of the loose wire. I had the same thing back about a year ago, and again about 3 weeks ago. The relay makes the clicking noise, but the pump itself doesn't run. I'd re-check the wires right at the steering wheel. The first time it didn't work, we checked everything, only to find a wire loose at the steering wheel. Three weeks ago I noticed heading out to a lake house that it wouldn't move, check the wire, and it was loose again. That's most likely your issue - either that or a fuse. But I'd put money on the lose wire connection.

Fastfifty
08-21-2010, 12:23 PM
Hi! I found the problem, one of the wires was actually almost worn thru from a zip tie in a hidden spot underneath...thanks for all your input..