PDA

View Full Version : Towed my first Malibu today

you da man
07-05-2010, 10:13 PM
My buddy has a 2006 Malibu 23LSV. He was on the lake today and I was at the office. Got a text from a girl I know that was on his boat. She said "his boat is broke and we dropped anchor". I get out there a couple hours later and looked at his v-drive compartment. My friend is in the Army and he described the compartment as an IED went off in there...he wasn't kidding. Metal pieces everywhere. I wish someone took the picture of the Moomba towing the Bu.

AaronWhitt82
07-06-2010, 01:33 AM
Wow, that doesn't sound good at all !!!! Any idea what happened to it?
It sure would have been nice to see a pic though !!! HAHAH

Ian Brantford
07-06-2010, 11:02 AM
I guess that puts my end-of-day vapour-lock issue into perspective! I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I hope that his engine is still under warranty.

you da man
07-06-2010, 04:20 PM
I guess that puts my end-of-day vapour-lock issue into perspective! I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I hope that his engine is still under warranty.

Nope, no warranty

Salyers
07-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Ouch... No warranty? Bad,bad,bad luck!! Did the engine freeze up?

Sled491
07-06-2010, 10:29 PM
Man there's a few K out the door and a sucky sucky July!

jclevoy
07-06-2010, 11:09 PM
That royally sucks. I had two of the bolts wiggle loose where the V-drive PTO connects to the drive shaft and then the other 2 bolts sheared-off once. Stuck out on the lake in late September. We finally were towed-in by the work-boat from the local marina. There was a hole in the nose of this inboard/outboard so big that you could stuff a basketball in it. It truly was a POS. However, I was never so glad to get a tow.

Anyhow, mine was an easy fix, and nothing was damaged. Sorry it doesn't sound as if your friend will have the same kinda luck. :( Once the cause is diagnosed, will you let us know??