PDA

View Full Version : I have boat envy--Bad

Aquaholic
07-05-2010, 06:20 PM
I rode behind my buddies 2007 MC x15 this weekend, we surfed and wakeboarded. Wow the wake behind his boat is.....unreal awsome! I feel pulled in two different directions, one I love my boats functionallity and size, plus my stereo is one of the best systems on my lake but I struggle with my wakes fragile state.

I have tried just about everything to make the wake consistant. It's like the Moomba was bulit around the boat and the wake was a bonus,the MC was built around the wake and the boat to match.

To offer my opinion of the MC, my XLV drives and handles better, even my MC buddy agree's.

I like my dash over the MC.

I thought the MC shifting was clunky and not smooth.

The MC's wake is just better than my wake for boarding and surfing and I hate that!!! I ride behind my boat more than I ride in it....its why I bought the boat. What I didnt do was my homework on riding behind it and knowing the pros and cons of the thing I've grow to want the most...The Wake.

Someone talk me off the edge!!!!

Is the Moomba LSV's wake better than the XLV?

sorry for the rant....its been building since Friday.

A frustrated Aqua.

you da man
07-05-2010, 09:58 PM
The XLV wake is good but at a faster boarding speed than most of us care for. You got to keep in mind, our XLV's are a deeper, bigger boat that is hard to keep a prestine wake below 22mph for boarding. As for surfing, I only envy the Centurion Avalanche and Centurion Enzo 230/240

wbarksda
07-06-2010, 09:58 AM
MC's wakes are superior to anything Moomba has out there. I love our Moomba but when I ride it's usually behind a X10 or X30. We did a ballast upgrade in a 06 LSV this winter and it still doesn't compare.

loudsubz
07-06-2010, 07:09 PM
I have no issues with the LSV wake at all, very clean and solid. It shoulnd't matter anyways, you can learn to wakeboard better off of a smaller wake as your technique is improved, I think sometimes we get lazy and want that huge pop instead of working for it. Heck if Nick can do a 720 off a seadoo wake....

http://vimeo.com/11885155

Aquaholic
07-06-2010, 08:58 PM
I saw a video for setting up a surf wake a few days ago and it suggested to start by putting a 750 lb bag in the rear locker and work the weight forward till you got the right size wake. I have in the past fill the rear 750 and front 1100 lbs bags full and the wake was ridable, but the pocket is small.

Thanks for the replys guys!

you da man
07-06-2010, 09:53 PM
I saw a video for setting up a surf wake a few days ago and it suggested to start by putting a 750 lb bag in the rear locker and work the weight forward till you got the right size wake. I have in the past fill the rear 750 and front 1100 lbs bags full and the wake was ridable, but the pocket is small.

Thanks for the replys guys!

I hear ya and I'm still experimenting with my XLV. I have 1100 rear sacs, 1180 center, two extra 400 sacs to place here and there.

jmvotto
07-06-2010, 10:43 PM
My buddies 2010 mc x45 has a killer wake without the ballasts. but i am still trying to perfect w2w stuff....:p we surfed it as well , but did not get it quite dialed in with the surf tabs and extra ballast.

I still love my moomba, but MC makes one hell of a boat

you da man
07-07-2010, 08:13 AM
you guys haven't touched the price issue - MC makes a "good" boat but they also demand a hefty price - they're heavier - that means more to tow and more to operate- we've checked out the X star at this winter's boat show(s) - IMHO- the malibu was more affordably priced. Moomba was the best value in the line-up.

we've ridden behind most of all of them - it's strictly a price point thing- if you've got 107K laying around extra - get the MC. unless your game is pro-level you don't need it. if it is - then you should get one...

that tower cam feature is pretty cool and so is that neat anchor system and flip up seat...

I agree, I don't think anyone in here "needs" any of the X-Series wake for boarding...especially when I'm seeing guys doing backrolls and tantrums behind 18-20 foot Searays.

jmvotto
07-07-2010, 08:18 AM
I agree, I don't think anyone in here "needs" any of the X-Series wake for boarding...especially when I'm seeing guys doing backrolls and tantrums behind 18-20 foot Searays.

yeah because we are "old and stuffy":p

sometimes its all about the niceties.....as well

MartinCaron
07-07-2010, 01:56 PM
For me, its not about the wake, its about the amenities... I mean you can literaly shit and wash your hands on a X-80, now your talking...

patrick232
07-07-2010, 09:18 PM
yes but the X-80 will cost you a burn rate of twice what you do now. Plus the wake stinks on it.

07-08-2010, 12:11 AM
I have an 08 XLV and love the wake. Everyone who rides it comments on how big it is. If you are going under 22mph, the rope should be about 60 feet or so to hit the wake at a good spot. The faster you go from there the longer the rope. I run 2 X 750's in the rear and 1100 under the playpen. One thing that messes up the wake is having the plate too far up. I like to keep it almost all the way down. All the way up makes the wake steeper and causes it to wash over sooner.

Here is a shot of the wake a few weeks ago. We were riding a short line this night (60-65 feet) and going 21.5 and we were working on some new tricks. Normally i ride at about 22-22.5 and 70ft.

cab13367
07-08-2010, 12:55 AM
I have an 08 XLV and love the wake. Everyone who rides it comments on how big it is. If you are going under 22mph, the rope should be about 60 feet or so to hit the wake at a good spot. The faster you go from there the longer the rope. I run 2 X 750's in the rear and 1100 under the playpen. One thing that messes up the wake is having the plate too far up. I like to keep it almost all the way down. All the way up makes the wake steeper and causes it to wash over sooner.

Here is a shot of the wake a few weeks ago. We were riding a short line this night (60-65 feet) and going 21.5 and we were working on some new tricks. Normally i ride at about 22-22.5 and 70ft.

Good lookin' vest there, Levi! :)

07-08-2010, 01:15 AM
Thanks a lot Cab, my whole family is greatful to you for your help with the vests!

That vest gets almost more attention then my boat!

sailing217
07-08-2010, 09:43 AM
MC is just too pricy for what you get. You have to put tons of weight in them is what I don't like. Thinking Xstar with 4000lbs ballast surfing and still nowhere close to my centurion.

My Avalanche has pulled 3 national surf events so no worries there, but like the XLV, the boarding wake is wide and wants to be 22mph+. W2W is hard since it's so wide versus a Vride that has a nice narrow wake we can mess around at 19mph.

I don't think there's a boat that does it all the best, even if it cost $100k+. I'll take my half-priced paid-for boat that does one thing great and all the rest pretty good (: Keep dialing in your wave, it'll get close

07-08-2010, 11:07 AM
I didn't mention my surf setup but with the rear 750 full and maybe 20% of the front full we can free surf all day long, with or without a crew of people. I don't really see a need for much more weight then that in my boat. This year we have hardly been surfing because it's gotten kind of boring and we spend most of the time wakeboarding unless it's rough.

07-09-2010, 01:42 AM
I landed my first Raley tonight behind my XLV. Been wanting to do one of these for years. I love the wake.