PDA

View Full Version : Why does volume fluctuate with MP3/ipod?

KurtL
07-03-2010, 03:38 PM
So we've come out of the stone ages and my wife bought me a Nano! I did'nt have music downloaded and ready to go the other night so used my buddies older ipod instead. We did not find a setting (stock Kenwood) to use direct plug so we used the lighter plug-fm transmitter. Worked ok, but the volume seemed low. What do I need to do differently?

Please help the audio challenged!?

you da man
07-03-2010, 03:44 PM
http://www.earmarkcaraudio.com/Xcart/product.php?productid=16604&cat=285&page=1

cab13367
07-04-2010, 01:51 PM
So we've come out of the stone ages and my wife bought me a Nano! I did'nt have music downloaded and ready to go the other night so used my buddies older ipod instead. We did not find a setting (stock Kenwood) to use direct plug so we used the lighter plug-fm transmitter. Worked ok, but the volume seemed low. What do I need to do differently?

Please help the audio challenged!?

You're never going to get good sound using an fm transmitter. U have a newer boat so ur head unit must have either and aux in jack and/or USB port. Suggest u hook up ur nano that way for the best possible sound.

jclevoy
07-05-2010, 06:43 AM
Yup, ditch the FM transmitter and look to the back of your head unit for the input jack for a Ipod. It will probably be necessary for you to purchase an adapter cable, but it is worth it. My ipod to my system will blast everyone out of the boat.

spyder
07-05-2010, 02:00 PM
I just picked up the BlackBerry Remote Stereo Gateway..

going to try to wire it in..

it's bluetooth, so any device can play audio to the boat.

KurtL
07-05-2010, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the info. So I went back to the lake and was able to use the Nano without issue. I did use the FM transmitter, and volume was fine, but what you guys are saying is use the jack on the front of the stock Kenwood unit for better quality sound....correct? Are all those cables the same or should be looking for some certain characteristic etc?