PDA

View Full Version : How do u handle your tower speaker volume?

bzubke1
07-03-2010, 02:24 PM
Generally we don't play our music loud enough for anyone else to hear unless we are towing someone. Whenever we pass someone i usually turn it down whether or not we are playing something with explicit lyrics. But i always turn it down if we are playing something real raunchy. I talked to the guy who owns the local proshop and his advise was just blast whatever you want as long as you don't see young kids around it's nothing adults haven't heard before. What do most of yall do in these situations? I just dont want to be "that guy".

you da man
07-03-2010, 02:42 PM
I just be respectful and don't blast anything with profanity. I believe you are opening yourself up for possible law enforcement harassment. They could could easily cite you for playing loud music with profanity.

bzubke1
07-03-2010, 02:57 PM
Yeah thats the way i look at it. I'm on the lake 3-5 times a week and we usually ride the same lines. so if some nearby homeowner gets mad they can call the lake cops on me everytime i'm out. Granbury is pretty much a retirement community so theres lots of old people with nothing to do but complain.

you da man
07-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Yeah thats the way i look at it. I'm on the lake 3-5 times a week and we usually ride the same lines. so if some nearby homeowner gets mad they can call the lake cops on me everytime i'm out. Granbury is pretty much a retirement community so theres lots of old people with nothing to do but complain.

Does that lake ever get semi-clear...it always looks stained or muddy.

kaneboats
07-04-2010, 10:59 AM
Respect and remembering this is a family sport go a long way.

bzubke1
07-04-2010, 11:13 AM
Does that lake ever get semi-clear...it always looks stained or muddy.

It can get clear enough that you can see down to your waist in most of the lake and to about your knees down by the dam. However, after a decent rain it stays brown for a good two weeks.

you da man
07-04-2010, 11:43 AM
It can get clear enough that you can see down to your waist in most of the lake and to about your knees down by the dam. However, after a decent rain it stays brown for a good two weeks.

IF you're ever down in the Central Texas area, Stillhouse Hollow Resevior has 10-12ft visibility by the dam. However, don't stray too far from the dam because this is a fishing lake and was never cleaned of trees before filling...you have to know the lake or you'll destroy the bottom of the boat.

gcnettl
07-05-2010, 12:06 AM
On the weekends I crank mine up pretty loud, but I only turn the towers on while in tow. They are either on or off. I never really play anything with profanity in it, out of courtesy. On the weekdays I just lower the volume on them a good bit.

Off subject but I would like to get a jeep one day, mount some type of tower speakers to the top. Would be a party wagon!!!