PDA

View Full Version : ballast tank filling when fill switch off

tfrd27
07-03-2010, 01:17 PM
Does anyone know how to keep your ballast tank from filling when boat is moving and the fill switch is off? Mine continues to fill up everytime I take the boat out. The boat is a 2007 outback v. The pump isnt running but the bag fills everytime

cab13367
07-04-2010, 10:20 AM
Does anyone know how to keep your ballast tank from filling when boat is moving and the fill switch is off? Mine continues to fill up everytime I take the boat out. The boat is a 2007 outback v. The pump isnt running but the bag fills everytime

Look at the solenoid valves. There is a little black lever on them. They are the manual bypass switch. If they are in the "on" position, they are always open (will let water thru). Flip them to the off position and this should fix ur problem. Lets us know if u can't find the solenoids or the levers.

tfrd27
07-04-2010, 10:41 AM
I looked at the manual bypass valve is in the off position and water is still getting through. Maybe I just need to replace the whole thing.

ICWater
07-12-2010, 12:08 PM
I have the same problem on my '06 outback V. I have changed the valve assembly and still have the water coming in (could the new one be faulty?). Using the Ball valve is a pain. any other suggestions?

mnpracing
07-12-2010, 12:26 PM
The little black lever on each solonoid should be perpendicular to the valve assembly if you do not want your bags to fill unless you have the helm switches on. At first I couldn't figure out which position was "on" and which was "off". I wouldn't think there was anything wrong with the valves, especially if all three are acting the same way with the solonoid switches in the same position on all three. If the switch(s) on the solonoid are in the parallel position to the valve then that bag will fill when any of the helm ballast switches are in the "fill" position. So if the little black switch on your port bag solonoid is in the parallel position, and you turn on the starboard helm switch to fill the starboard bag, then it will also fill your port bag.

Hopefully this makes sense.

lsgagnon
07-12-2010, 01:23 PM
As the other said:

1- Check the little black level
2- Unsrew/clean the selenoid (in my case the little spring was misaligne).

saskie99
07-15-2010, 03:30 PM
I just replaced all three to my sprinkler valves, super easy to do and now everything works great.