PDA

View Full Version : Walkway ballast

Frenchy
07-02-2010, 01:22 PM
Hey guys, I have one of those 370lb tube sacs that I'd like to put in the bow walkway. The sac looks like its quite a bit wider than the walkway. Any concerns about it pushing sideways on the sides of the walkway? Also, any concerns about the wt on the ski locker door? That wt will be mostly offset by the full sac in the locker but still seems kinda iffy...mostly the sideways pressure on the walls of the walkway. Anyway, everybodies thoughts'd be appreciated. Especially those that have been doing this for a while.

Thanks in advance!
Tyler

BTW - its a 2003 Mobius DD

BobP
07-02-2010, 02:17 PM
I've only done this once, this past weekend, and so no ill effects. My only concern was making sure the sac in the locker was filled first as it always pops the lid...didn't want the sac on top to restrict that.

newty
07-03-2010, 09:20 AM
We used to do it all the time with a 650lb sac and never had any problems.

Sled491
07-03-2010, 10:08 AM
If you were concerened about the lateral pressure just don't fill it all the way. But 350 is not different than you and a buddy trying to walk by each other in the same spot.

Frenchy
07-03-2010, 11:36 AM
Cool, thanks! That was the answer I was looking for. Nobody ever wants to sit up there but it makes the wake so much better...problem solved ;)