PDA

View Full Version : SKYLON Rubicon 450 Tower Speakers....what amp??

WaterBullDawg1980
07-01-2010, 11:23 PM
I am stuck with these behemoths and still not sure what to use to power them. They were currently using a Diamond Audio 600.4 I believe. I believe it was listed at 115 WATTS per.

The speakers on my tower actually say Defcon Reference IV on them.

Help needed on how I need to run these off a Kicker ZX 650.4?

May be changing the tower speakers soon, but wanted to get them up and running for a quick fix. I have another amp running my Polks in the cabin.

Anythoughts??

Sorry its late, so this may be a bit garbeled. Ole WBD should have been asleep around 9:30.

Thanks in advance.....

cab13367
07-02-2010, 12:33 AM
I am stuck with these behemoths and still not sure what to use to power them. They were currently using a Diamond Audio 600.4 I believe. I believe it was listed at 115 WATTS per.

The speakers on my tower actually say Defcon Reference IV on them.

Help needed on how I need to run these off a Kicker ZX 650.4?

May be changing the tower speakers soon, but wanted to get them up and running for a quick fix. I have another amp running my Polks in the cabin.

Anythoughts??

Sorry its late, so this may be a bit garbeled. Ole WBD should have been asleep around 9:30.

Thanks in advance.....

How many speakers and are they 4 ohm speakers?

WaterBullDawg1980
07-02-2010, 12:52 PM
I guess I should know this but they came with the boat and I simply am not sure.

There are 6 speakers total, 2 of which look to be horns/tweeters.

You can see a picture of them on the boat in my album.

I am not finding a lot of reading on these as they are a few years old. About the only thing I can find on them as they were decent at the time and they are very heavy. Which I can verify, trust me.

Would I be able to tell by looking at the setup on the old amp?