PDA

View Full Version : Teaching Booms

jikemones
07-01-2010, 08:31 AM
OK, I looking for any and all feedback concerning using a Boom and a V-Drive. I'm a part of a show club and teach a lot of people, adults and kids. I've always had direct drives in the past and have used the Boom to teach. What is everyones experience with V-Drive Booms? I have a 2008 XLV Gravity Games that I'm going to be using now and a BI Quad contour Boom with the adjustable clamp. Any thoughts?

gus 08 mobius lsv
07-09-2010, 02:22 PM
i jsut got mine this week gonna put it on and try it with some youngsters then i'll let ya know

DOCDRS
07-09-2010, 04:33 PM
I have a tower boom on my Vdrive.......had a dd with a boom before.....................there is def more chine spray with a vdrive so the more forward your boom can be the better. the tower boom keeps all the room in the boat still but its a little hard to hop out and back in and barefoot at 40 as i used to do with my dd. I bought the tower boom as i felt the quad v would not get it a forward on the boat....curently mine is on the rear support leg and pointed slightly forward

jikemones
07-13-2010, 08:07 AM
Thanks for the reply. Any issues with the tower boom? Did you add the boom extensions?