PDA

View Full Version : what are your plans for the 4th?

sandm
06-30-2010, 05:27 PM
we are heading up to the lake for camping thurs-sun and coming back sun night. gots to do some bbqing on monday.
no fireworks as no kids and banned at the lake.
not planning on a lot of skiing as lake will be full. more just sitting on the dock with a cold beer watching the comedy that is a packed lake and lots of noobs running around :) that in itself is almost as enjoyable as a good set.

also plan on taking a few to remember those that have lost their lives to keep this country free. if there are any military on here... thanks and keep up the great work.. it's not without appreciation :) :)

have a safe and happy holiday and please come back to work tues with the same number of fingers you started with....

jester
06-30-2010, 05:55 PM
Going to the lake friday night. eeeek. Friends already are their with a camping spot. we should have good water on Saturday morning around 7 AM to 9 am if i can get people up for a morning set. Fireworks over the lake Saturday night. Sunday I head home since i have a new crew for Monday and will just hitup a local lake.

jester
06-30-2010, 06:39 PM
Over night low's will be in the 40's to 50's. Ed if you move to Oregon you will not have to worry about the over night low's being in the 80's.

BRANDNIRON8971
06-30-2010, 09:16 PM
Heading to the lake tom. afternoon thru Monday..Camping next to the dock(friends allready there and got the spot), so we get to watch all the comedy also....which reminds me..If you heat up the tires(burn out), does it helpo you pull the boat out better?:) I feel ya Ed 80 lows up there also. Ski sets at 5:30 til about 9:30/10....and some wakeboarding, and now try the surf board.

sandm
06-30-2010, 09:44 PM
we're looking at highs in the low-80's and lows around 55 or so.
just right for a nice campfire and lots of tall tales until 1-2am or so :)

went and bought a truckload of pieces wood for $20 and spent monday night splitting wood and loading into boxes to take..

COME ON THURSDAY AT 3PM :)

newyear14
06-30-2010, 09:52 PM
Heading to Austin TX for son's volleyball tournament (Nationals). We will check out Lake Travis and try some Texas BBQ.

jmvotto
06-30-2010, 10:29 PM
Heading to the lake house for a weeks vacation:p

90 on sat and sunday:D weather looks great all week water temp mid to low 70's perfect

you da man
06-30-2010, 11:13 PM
Heading to Austin TX for son's volleyball tournament (Nationals). We will check out Lake Travis and try some Texas BBQ.

You HAVE to go to the Hula Hut on Lake Austin. It's on Lake Austin Blvd. Great drinks (I recommend the Hu La La), great chips/salsa, large menu, huge portions, and the best fried ice cream ever. Best of all, a great dock that will hold about 18-20 wakeboats. The wakeboat seen on the Austin lakes is crazy. Easily 4 out of 5 boats is a wakeboat.

Razzman
07-01-2010, 01:54 AM
Staying as far from the lake as possible! It's amatuer weekend and all the idots and morons will be out. :mad:

Hitting up two seperate parties instead :D

mk_deuce
07-01-2010, 09:08 AM
Red Buuuuuuuuud Sat!! Lake Sunday

kaneboats
07-01-2010, 09:47 AM
Doing absolutely nothing on the water. Too many idiots for me. Will go watch fireworks with the kiddies on Sun. Taking next week off for a nice lakeweek after all the crazies are in hospitals or jail.

ian ashton
07-01-2010, 10:48 AM
Every year I take the boat to Grand Bend Canada for a week of fun. leaving tomorrow at 9am, I can't wait!

Its a great time, all of my aunts, uncles, cousins, and Grandma come up, we have 3 cottages, and have a great time - I'd say its the 1 week every year that I always look forward to!

On a side note, today at work suuuuucks, last day before vaca, I can't concentrate!

sandm
07-01-2010, 11:30 AM
I feel your pain ian. I'm out of here today at 3 and to the lake by 6 and work is killin me. fortunately my boss is out at noon and his boss has a 12:30 tee time so gone at 11. thinking I might get to leave a little early :)

rc5695
07-01-2010, 12:32 PM
Taking the family 4-wheeling in the truck on Sat. or Sunday, no plans the other day. No real fireworks planned either...yet anyways...

Taking the boat to lake Keowee with family & friends on monday, ALL day. Hopefully it won't be too busy, since i know a LOT of people have to work on Monday...

polar21
07-01-2010, 12:50 PM
I was planning on taking the boat over to the river house for a 4-day weekend, but the boat is not cooperating at the moment. :(

WaterBullDawg1980
07-01-2010, 02:10 PM
Sounds like I am the only one that has NO CLUE as to what I am doing this weekend.

I figure I will be out on the water. It guess it depends on who ends up coming with us.

Please pray that I am not forced out to "Cocktail Cove" with my wife's friend and her new boyfriend.

Would like to camp, but it is simply too hot to even think about it.

A big thank you to our military, and all of their sacrifices.

Wish all of you a safe weekend! :cool:

pickle311
07-01-2010, 03:05 PM
You HAVE to go to the Hula Hut on Lake Austin. It's on Lake Austin Blvd. Great drinks (I recommend the Hu La La), great chips/salsa, large menu, huge portions, and the best fried ice cream ever. Best of all, a great dock that will hold about 18-20 wakeboats. The wakeboat seen on the Austin lakes is crazy. Easily 4 out of 5 boats is a wakeboat.

Hula Hut has a great location, good drinks, and ok food. Good luck if you go there, you're looking at a 1 hour + wait on the weekends if it's sunny out. We typically go to Ski Shores.
If you are out on Travis, go to Carlos N Charlies or Johnny Fins.
The wakeboat scene is huge here, you see them all over the place. Heck, just in my little neighborhood there's my Moomba, a Malibu 3 houses down, and a Supra on the next street.

My plans for the weekend were derailed. I blew out my knee last weekend. I'm still waiting on the MRI results but the Dr. said they suspect a torn ACL at minimum. Won't know for sure until they review the MRI though. So I'm stuck at home nursing a bum leg.

kaneboats
07-01-2010, 03:23 PM
Ahhh. Sorry to hear about the knee. Hope it's just a strain and some ice and rest + ibuprofen will have you back in a couple weeks.

newyear14
07-02-2010, 12:18 AM

Thanks for the tip. Sorry if i did not make myself clear, we are flying and not taking the boat:(. If time permits, I'll check it out. Any restaurant in Austin that you recommend?

jclevoy
07-02-2010, 06:01 AM
I get to the lake during the week so much, and the lake is SO EMPTY that I am ruined. I HATE going on holidays. The Weekend-Wally's drive me nuts. No boating for me this holiday. Cook-out at a friend's house on Saturday night with fireworks, and then Fireworks on Sunday night as well. Monday is a work holiday for me, but it will be spent low-key at home with the kids.

Back to the lake next Wednesday though;)

kaneboats
07-02-2010, 08:39 AM
Definitely go see some live music. We had a blast at Pete's Dueling Piano Bar last fall but they have something for everyone. Had some great TX barbecue at some gas station looking place-- can't remember the name of it though. Guys- what's that thing called?