PDA

View Full Version : 98 Moomba history question

uttitanfan
06-30-2010, 12:04 PM
I bought a 98 Moomba in Feb hoping to have some lake fun this year. So far it has been great. I have two questions. First how do I tell which engine I have. Second, why does it say Mobius on the side of my boat, but on the tag on the inside it says it is an Outback?

zabooda
06-30-2010, 10:42 PM
Your engine is most likely a Pleasure Craft Marine (PCM) 310HP, 350 ci, high output, carbed engine. The engine may have the stickers on the side but they tend to peel off so someone may have taken them off completely. The Mobius was the tower version of the Outback. The Mobius for that year was not a wakeboard boat like now. What color do you have? Red or Blue?

phospher
07-01-2010, 12:32 AM
Your engine is most likely a Pleasure Craft Marine (PCM) 310HP, 350 ci, high output, carbed engine. The engine may have the stickers on the side but they tend to peel off so someone may have taken them off completely. The Mobius was the tower version of the Outback. The Mobius for that year was not a wakeboard boat like now. What color do you have? Red or Blue?

Wow. Awesome. I had no idea. Just got a taste of moomba history.

uttitanfan
07-01-2010, 12:40 AM
thanks zabooda, I have the blue one. The whole mobius/outback thing was making me wonder if they put a fake tag on my boat, because the graphics look like a couple others I have seen. I do like the boat. The only downside I have seen so far is that the front rides low, so I really have to watch the waves when I slow down or idle.