PDA

View Full Version : Radar Boots?

skiyaker
06-28-2010, 06:26 PM
Hey fellas I'm just about to pop for a Radar Senate- Jon at waterskis.com tells me they have a performance guarantee so if I try it and it's not for me I can trade it and I'm just out the shipping. My question is for you guys familiar with Radar bindings- should I go with the Prime boots or Vector? Anybody know whether there is much of a difference? Thanks!

ian ashton
06-29-2010, 09:58 PM
I got the Vectors and they are excellent.

skiyaker
06-29-2010, 10:28 PM
Thanks Ian- I about have myself convinced if I'm paying that much for a ski I might as well upgrade from the prime to vector boots- probably put in my order in the next day or so

ian ashton
06-30-2010, 01:12 PM
I was thinking the same thing when I bought mine, but I didn't want closed toe for the back boot, as I'm not even used to riding a double boot ski, so I figured the open toe would be the best option. Plus I was able to negotiate a better price if I stuck with the 'stock' bindings.

graybmg
06-30-2010, 09:18 PM
I've got the Connely Draft (front and rear) with hinge tech. I love how easy they are to get in and how binded I feel to the ski. But I'm looking for something a bit more comfortable and still feel bound to the ski. Was looking at Vectors, RS1s or another set of Connelys. Any experience with these from anyone?

skiyaker
06-30-2010, 09:24 PM
I just put in my order for a Radar Senate with a set of Vector bindings- so I'll let you know when it comes in!

Sled491
07-03-2010, 10:42 AM
What no rail bindings? :D You can get them online for 300 a pair. I would also get the plate instead of mounting directly to the ski.

skiyaker
07-03-2010, 04:00 PM
What no rail bindings? :D You can get them online for 300 a pair. I would also get the plate instead of mounting directly to the ski.

oops too late- fedex man just dropped off my new stick! can't wait to give it a ride. let's see, after buying perfect pass, spare tire and bracket, a dry suit, evolution cover, surf board and rope, giant tube, and now a new ski I think I best be done with boat purchases this year!

Sled491
07-07-2010, 08:06 PM
Oh you can always find some spare change under the seats of the car or in the sofa :)

skiyaker
07-08-2010, 09:07 AM
Don't start with me sled my wife said it would be ok if I wanted to get an old used slalom boat to use out at the club. Somehow I don't think I can find that kind of change under the couch.