PDA

View Full Version : 16mph Wake Surfing @ 20'

bjames
06-28-2010, 06:05 PM
Im sure some of you may have already experimented with this, but I thought I would give it a shot the other day. With all ballast filled, wakeplate up, cruise set to 16mph using a 5'-6" wake surf board and a 20ft rope, just ride the surfboard as if your wakeboarding - DO NOT PULL YOUR SELF CLOSER as you would surfing, just hold onto the end of the rope. I could not beleive how much more enjoyable it was. The wake popped out with a huge long ramp resembling a half pike and the extra speed really made the board more responsive. It was alot of fun:D

you da man
06-28-2010, 06:18 PM
It's not really surfing with the rope. There are some guys in the Austin, TX area that are loaded down with around 4k in ballast and surf around 14mph. They have a very long pocket to catch airs on.

Canuckle Head
06-28-2010, 06:18 PM
Im sure some of you may have already experimented with this, but I thought I would give it a shot the other day. With all ballast filled, wakeplate up, cruise set to 16mph using a 5'-6" wake surf board and a 20ft rope, just ride the surfboard as if your wakeboarding - DO NOT PULL YOUR SELF CLOSER as you would surfing, just hold onto the end of the rope. I could not beleive how much more enjoyable it was. The wake popped out with a huge long ramp resembling a half pike and the extra speed really made the board more responsive. It was alot of fun:D

Yes, it's called wakeskating.

bjames
06-28-2010, 06:42 PM
Definatly a hybrid between the two.. wake skating at a slow speed and shorter rope. I see your point, unless I let go of the rope, its not really surfing:cool:

Tyger
06-28-2010, 11:03 PM
Yes, it's called wakeskating.

*gigglesnort*

Freeriding is the best. Can't imagine why you wouldn't want to be on slack most of the time.

Sled491
06-28-2010, 11:18 PM
If you check out older videos of wakesurfing you will see almost exactly what you just described!