PDA

View Full Version : carb question

polar21
06-28-2010, 10:10 AM
Had my carb rebuilt a month or so ago and got it adjusted to where the boat will run and it is usable. When we are pulling a boarder and after they crash, if you put the boat into neutral it will rev up pretty high (1800rpms). Is this a symptom of too high a gas level in the float bowl?

-I know I need to get the idle rpms down as well, just havent had time to fix/work on it yet as we have been riding 2x a week.

AaronWhitt82
06-29-2010, 12:11 AM
Had my carb rebuilt a month or so ago and got it adjusted to where the boat will run and it is usable. When we are pulling a boarder and after they crash, if you put the boat into neutral it will rev up pretty high (1800rpms). Is this a symptom of too high a gas level in the float bowl?

-I know I need to get the idle rpms down as well, just havent had time to fix/work on it yet as we have been riding 2x a week.

Polar - Having too high of fuel level in the fuel bowls has nothing to do with it idling high.
It is possible that the throttle cable is out of adjustment and when you pull the throttle to neutral the butterflies are not closing completely and thus having a high idle.
After you pull it to neutral and it revs high put the throttle in neutral and rev it a few times then see if it goes down.
Also look down the carb when it is idling high and see if the butterflies are possibly open.
The idle should be set around 800-850 rpm's and then once the boat is in gear it should drop to around 700 or so...
Oh yeah also make sure there is no vacuum leaks