PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Mobius LSV prop question

seanpatsdad
06-27-2010, 10:03 PM
Hey guys,
I now you guys are probably burnt out on prop questions but here goes.I recently put the bigger bags in the back [around 450 a piece I believe] and have noticed when they are full it takes forever to plane out.I bought my boat new in 2004.It is a Mobius LSV w/carb. The prop that came stock is a OJ 14x18 [oj 903]. I am looking to switch and am wondering what you guys suggest. I am not worried about top speed,since we only Sky Ski and wakeboard and hardly ever go over 30 mph.Thanks for any help.
John

yager97
06-28-2010, 12:53 PM
I suggest adding more weight to the front. I too upgraded the rear bags to the same size as the ones you are referring to, and noticed it was a slug getting out of the water. I then took the original two rear bags, put them under the two front seats, fill them up with as much water as you can get in them and leave them there. If you are looking for a giant wake, get a 750 pound bag and put it right in the middle of the boat. fill all stock and you are good to go, you wont be needing anything more. with the stock prop it takes a bit to get on plane, but i find it much quicker than just with the added weight in the back. good luck. if you are upgrading the new prop, i hear the new fusion edge from OJ props is nice.

jimmobius
06-28-2010, 06:46 PM
I had the same problem but we are at 5300' elevation. I also run the boat at much lower elevation . I propped down in pitch to 16" acme 587 I think. 13.7 x 15.7? I could be wrong on the exact numbers but it is a 16" pitch . Works great with a load, lose some top end. I will run the 13.7x 17.? prop that came on the boat when we go to 2800' elevation. This is with a 320hp assault engine too.
Jim

seanpatsdad
06-29-2010, 03:45 AM
Thanks for the input guys.
John