PDA

View Full Version : Monster Towers Cargo Bimini

FamilyMatters
06-24-2010, 01:42 PM
I know I saw the Monster Towers Cargo Bimini in somebody's description of their boat, but I don't remember who. Does anyone have one, like or dislike it?
Is is worth the dough??

Thanks
Darren

Ian Brantford
06-24-2010, 03:39 PM
I have one... but I still haven't installed it! :-) In fact, I haven't even had my boat home from the marina to do the small bit of drilling required. Possibly I'll do that during my staycation next week.

One of the mounts shipped was a bit loose and I still need to ask them to replace it. Otherwise, it looks like a very solid piece of hardware. I have assembled it and it's pretty much exactly as you'd expect from the description.

Reese350
06-24-2010, 09:22 PM
Can't speak to the Monster but I just got one for my 07 Outback from www.towerbiminis.com and couldn't be happier with it. It didn't require any drilling, took about 10 minutes to install and is rock solid. Cost me about $750 shipped to my door.

Salyers
06-24-2010, 10:23 PM
I love our monster tower Bimini. Fairly easy to install. It doesn't shake or rattle at speeds up 35mph on the water(didnt go any fast but sure it wouldn't shake or rattle either. I am 6'1" and I can stand straight up underneath in the middle. Room for speakers on back bar of tower. Make sure you get the largest size especially since it is the same price. Was worried to drill into the tower but turn out fantastic. Easy to take down. I love it because we can leave the tube inflated and up top all day and just take it down when we need it. No stopping to blow it up or deflate it. Well worth 599 plus tax and shipping cost around 640 or 670 if you live I Tenn. Wouldn't even consider z5 since it's 1200- 1800 dollars more depending on what dealer is trying to rip you off. Lots of options for placement/height and even adjustable somewhat after install! Monster towers is great to deal/work with!!!

Salyers
06-24-2010, 10:26 PM
BTW Three wake boards with bindings on fit easily on cargo top. They won't go anywhere. Also tested at 35mph without problem. Same with tube.

you da man
06-25-2010, 12:07 AM
Well worth 599 plus tax and shipping cost around 640 or 670 if you live I Tenn. Wouldn't even consider z5 since it's 1200- 1800 dollars more depending on what dealer is trying to rip you off.

If anyone found a Z-5 for $1200 they would buy it all day because it's worth 1,200 but in fact if you order it with a boat it's $1,500. If you want one after your purchase...try $2,000-$2,500 for the Z-5. Now that is crazy. Everyone who owns a Z-5 loves it's features, functions, styling, and quality. With that said, a few years ago people were buying them for $1,600 all day but now due to markups, material, who knows what else, standard dealer pricing is outrageous so I don't know anyone who has bought one after their boat purchase. Everyone goes to Monster or Tower Biminis.

wolfeman131
06-25-2010, 12:46 AM
buy it. you will love having it.

link to my install:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=7357&highlight=monster

mighty
06-25-2010, 03:19 AM
I have installed monster tower Bimini in my boat and frankly speaking it's not as easy as Salyers told to install.

wolfeman131
06-25-2010, 10:38 AM
I have installed monster tower Bimini in my boat and frankly speaking it's not as easy as Salyers told to install.

sorry you had problems, but with two people, some patience and the old trick of measuring twice - I found the install quite easy.

volfo
06-25-2010, 10:41 AM
I have one and love it. My only complaint is that because I have a narrower aftermarket tower, I had to get the smaller size. Looks great, functions great. I didn't think the install was hard. I do think you absolutely need some clamps and at least one extra set of hands to do the install. 2 extra sets and it is easy. you plus 1 friend is a necessity - you plus 2 makes it better. Plan an hour and a half to two and a half hours if you go slow on these projects. The second one you could do in an hour.

Salyers
06-25-2010, 11:28 AM
Last time I checked 640 + 1200 = 1840 and 640 + 1800 = 2440. I have never seen a z5 anywhere close to 1200 and never claimed to. Sorry if my phrasing was confusing And if you did find one for 1200 I am still not sold that its that much better after seeing both in person. But thats just my opinion.:)

As to the install it does take 2 people and about 1-2 hours but as far as most of the mods for your boat I would think thats not too bad.

FamilyMatters
07-05-2010, 10:26 PM
The Monster website says it (Cargo Bimini) can't be towed. What do you do with it to get it to the lake???

Thanks
Darren

Salyers
07-05-2010, 10:49 PM
Well, if you have a truck and order the small bimini you can put it in the back. We have the medium size which is awsome and we take the canvas off of the frame and just trailer with the frame on the tower. When we get to the lake we put canvas back on the frame. It takes about 2-3min to place back. Have taken 2 trips up to Chattanooga from central Alabama on the highway at 65-75mph (I don't drive fast when towing the boat usauall just at speed limit and have had no issue with the frame. Installed correctly the frame doesn't move at all on tower. Don't know what we did without it all last summer....oh thats right we roasted alive!!!
Plus no having to clutter up the tower with another set of board racks. I have seen mulitlpe boats this year loaded down with 8 wakeboard/surfboards. You can have a total of 7 boards with the medium top and your 2 board racks. Never had that many different boards on my boat yet but will probably happen soon I am sure.(lots of people asking to come out lately!)

FamilyMatters
07-06-2010, 09:23 PM
The Website says it can't be trailered, what do you do with it on the way to the lake???

FamilyMatters
07-06-2010, 09:28 PM
Thanks Salyers!!!! Great Info!! Yes we are Roasting, I'm ordering it! Were, going to come check out Wedowee, I've got a host of friends who live on the Lake! Hope to see you there! The LS with the Monster Cargo Bimini? Sorry I missed the reply the first time!
Peace
Family Matters

Salyers
07-06-2010, 09:32 PM
We trailer with frame up only and have had no issues. We just don't have the canvas on the frame. Canvas would not stand up to being trailered. It would act like a parachute and probably damage tower/gel coat.

Like I said earlier we have taken mutiple 250 mile round trips at 70mph speeds with frame still on tower and have not had any issues with it. JUST TAKE CANVAS OFF.

Hope you love it. We do!!

Let us know when you come! Red and Black LS!!