PDA

View Full Version : Wanna make my XLV shine!

jokid
06-23-2010, 10:09 PM
Yall got any good suggestions on great cleaning/waxing products to really make my baby shine? Any specific techniques or tools used? Gotta impress for the 4th of July coming up (although it doesnt take much to impress already).

you da man
06-23-2010, 11:04 PM
Meguairs Flagship marine wax will make it bling. It's easy on and easy off. Get a ton of microfiber towels to help. Get some Babes vinyl products for the interior and also a good waterspot remover for wiping down after the day. Between waxes and/or for a detail spray use some Babes Boat Brite or Boat Bling Hot Sauce.

meech
06-23-2010, 11:40 PM
...i love leverage .... leveragepolish.com

WaterBullDawg1980
06-23-2010, 11:51 PM
What type of buffing compound do you fellas use before waxing?

meech
06-23-2010, 11:53 PM
that's the beauty of leverage ... you don't need to do that. just wipe it on and off- done.

phospher
06-24-2010, 10:09 AM
yeah, i've been happy with meguire products too.

rc5695
06-24-2010, 11:49 AM
I've been using Meguires on the inside & TurtleWax on the outside. I'll be looking into the Meguires Marine specific products before the next good cleaning though.

brain_rinse
06-24-2010, 12:35 PM
that's the beauty of leverage ... you don't need to do that. just wipe it on and off- done.
I'm interested but skeptical. More details?

meech
06-24-2010, 01:00 PM
I'm interested but skeptical. More details?

no joke- i love this stuff. you literally just spray some leverage onto a terry cloth towel then wipe it off with a clean terry cloth. I do this once at the beginning of the summer and once at the end- it’s very easy to apply. You don’t even need to wash the boat before hand, which I like.

Once we’re off the water I just wipe down the boat and the water glides off. Btw, if you do a forum search some threads should pull up.

I think Ed tried it out too and he liked it as well.

This is all I use. And, no I don’t work for leverage….haha. Hope this helps.

brain_rinse
06-24-2010, 03:36 PM
Hmm... still sounds a little like an infomercial. :p I'm just wondering how it will remove yellow lake stains from the white hull. Maybe it protects so well you don't need them in the first place? I suppose I should just give it a try and see for myself. Thanks for the suggestion!

AaronWhitt82
06-24-2010, 09:54 PM
Klasse all in one polish/acrylic sealant, Collinite paste fleetwax and Collinite Insulator wax.
I get most of my stuff from www.autogeek.net and if you use "clubmember" as a coupon code you get 10% off.

NCSUmoomba
06-25-2010, 08:39 AM
I only use Mequiar's stuff on my boat and my cars. My boat was looking pretty bad before this season due to my neglect last year. So this year, I put the elbow grease to it and it was shining like new. The products I used are:

Step 1: Oxidation Remover
Step 2: #44 Color Restorer
Step 3. #45 Polish
Step 4. #56 Pure Wax

I also use the #57 Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner & Condiditoner and the #54 Gel Wash.

wolfeman131
06-25-2010, 10:32 AM
Hmm... still sounds a little like an infomercial. :p I'm just wondering how it will remove yellow lake stains from the white hull. Maybe it protects so well you don't need them in the first place? I suppose I should just give it a try and see for myself. Thanks for the suggestion!

don't know about it taking off the yellow stains, but I agree with meech & love the Leverage too. If I remember correctly, it has some special polymer base and the water does seem to just slide off. I used to wax the boat once a month, now it's pretty much just at the start of the season.

jbheuerman
06-25-2010, 12:47 PM
Can anybody suggest anything for a good water spot remover?

you da man
06-25-2010, 02:43 PM
Can anybody suggest anything for a good water spot remover?

Babes or Duckys

Sled491
06-26-2010, 07:16 PM
Babes water spot remover is awsum, but will remove wax too so try to avoid overspray. Our lake is shut down due to all the rain we got. Slow no wake only. Had to drop some guests off at the landing and while putting back to our house, I gave my boat a complete shine up with Babes boat bright, so darn easy doesn't seem like I'm diong it right :)

graybmg
06-27-2010, 09:10 AM
Diluted household vinegar removes water spots (and wax). Reapply wax. Simple and cost effective.

Salyers
06-27-2010, 09:15 AM
Just ordered a bottle of Leverage. Read a bunch of positive reviews so hopefully the boat will look great.

Sled491
06-27-2010, 10:47 AM
Diluted household vinegar removes water spots (and wax). Reapply wax. Simple and cost effective.

This is a great spot remover, but the products like babes and leverage do the same thing and leave a beautiful protective shine