PDA

View Full Version : Samson Typhoon swivel board racks installed!

bbyquist
06-23-2010, 01:48 AM
I finally got my new swivel board racks put on last weekend and headed for the lake. These are the nicest, easiest to use aftermarket swivel racks I have used. I love that they automatically lock in place swiveled all they way in or out. For anyone looking for swiveling racks, you gotta check these out. Super high quality construction.

brain_rinse
06-23-2010, 07:36 AM
That will be a nice upgrade for you! Got any more pics?

bbyquist
06-23-2010, 11:04 AM
heheh, yeah those pics are way too far away but I had put the boat away by the time I thought of taking more pics of the racks. I'll snap a few more tonight and throw them up.

Hydrofoiljunky
06-23-2010, 07:51 PM
Do those racks clear the guide poles on your trailer when your loading/unloading? They look great there, just curious? :-)

Edit: I guess I should ask how far in do those things swivel? Is there anyway you could take a snapshot for me. I need to get a good swiveling rack and this looks like it would fit the bill.

bbyquist
06-23-2010, 07:58 PM
Yeah they clear the guidepoles, but with that said I am going to move them up a foot or so. They swivel in I would guess about 150 degrees. Definitely enough to make getting boards in and out a cinch. The construction of these racks is really bomber too.

you da man
06-23-2010, 09:22 PM
Be very careful if you raft up with someone, those racks with or without boards will collide with the other boat's rack/tower

bbyquist
06-24-2010, 12:44 AM
Original post edited with more pics. Good point you da man, wouldn't want to find that out the hard way...

wilkieref
07-19-2010, 03:39 PM
What size of racks are the other ones that were mounted to the tower on the side where it says moomba? I want to get some racks for my son's wakeboard but I have no idea what size the side pieces are on the rack.

Sorry for such a stupid question, first year with ski boat. Just purchased a 2006 Moomba Mobius LS. Love the boat but want to do some upgrades. He wants the racks

bbyquist
07-20-2010, 12:29 AM
Hmmm. I'm not sure what size the other racks are. They are the stock Moomba racks that fit the funny oval cross bar between the tubes. I would call your local moomba/supra dealer to get ahold of these. Or better yet, find somebody on the forums that has a pair up for sale.

Oh yeah, welcome to the forums. Hope you enjoy your Moomba!

cab13367
07-22-2010, 03:17 PM
What size of racks are the other ones that were mounted to the tower on the side where it says moomba? I want to get some racks for my son's wakeboard but I have no idea what size the side pieces are on the rack.

Sorry for such a stupid question, first year with ski boat. Just purchased a 2006 Moomba Mobius LS. Love the boat but want to do some upgrades. He wants the racks

They are 1-7/8". You can get them at the link below. These are the same ones that Moomba puts on the towers. The price is for two pairs of arms, one pair for each side.

http://shop.monstertower.com/p-31-xtp-double-up-rack-pair-holds-4-boards.aspx

FamilyMatters
07-22-2010, 04:26 PM
I got Mine a few months ago on Ebay, $99.00 a pair. They seem to look and act like the original. Seach Lipboating if the link below doesn't work.

Darren

http://cgi.ebay.com/MOOMBA-OVAL-mount-Wakeboard-Rack-LIPBOATING-/190400074143?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c54ba919f