PDA

View Full Version : My Exile Install

bbyquist
06-23-2010, 01:37 AM
I finally took some pictures of my stereo install and I thought I should post 'em up before I forget. Please excuse the crappy pics, I took them just before putting the boat away after we got home from the lake at about 8pm last Saturday.

The Install included:

Kenwood KMR-700U
6 polk db651 cabins
4 Exile XM7s on the tower
Exile XPe12D Sub in custom Exile Box
Exile 1K Harpoon amp
Exile S500.1 monoblock amp
Exile Xi800.4 amp
WS420 EQ
Kinetik HC2000 battery
Amp racks and battery box constructed of composite Medex material

First of all I need to thank Brian at Exile. He was amazingly patient with answering all my stupid questions. I did run into a couple of hiccups along the way with the install, and he was able to solve the problems in no time. I was also super impressed with how quick he responds to phone calls, emails, etc... To anyone considering Exile - stop considering and just do it! Best customer service ever, period.

I also need to give props to Mobile Innovations in East Wenatchee, WA. They did an amazing job on this install. The pictures I took really don't do it any justice. It is exactly what I was hoping for. The wiring is organized and out of sight as much as possible. The wiring of the XM7s on the tower is visible in ONLY one spot, where they jump from the front to the rear bar (see last pic).

The final word is...this system absolutely pounds! Hopefully I'll get some better pics taken soon.

bbyquist
06-23-2010, 01:39 AM
The rest of the pics...

mk_deuce
06-23-2010, 09:08 AM
Looks clean! I love those tower speaker can clamps. Sturdy as hell, mine slowly swivel around when trailering.

ian ashton
06-23-2010, 09:34 AM
Looks great! Why doesn't your Exile enclosure have the sweet trim panel though? Was that an option or something? Either way, looks great!

jmvotto
06-23-2010, 09:50 AM
nice setup, bet it sounds great.

bbyquist
06-23-2010, 11:02 AM
Ian - I'm not sure about the trim panel, I guess I'll wait for Brian to chime in or something. Anybody have a pic of it?

viking
06-23-2010, 11:42 AM
Nice Job - Love it. Real professional look!
Did u build your battery box yourself out of the Medex or get them built somewhere? I like em!

bbyquist
06-23-2010, 11:57 AM
Mobile Innovations built the battery box to hold 2 Kinetik HC2000 batteries - only have one of em some far though.

Brianinpdx
06-23-2010, 01:23 PM
Nice looking install. And yes, it looks to me like your missing a fasica cover for your enclosure. No its not an option. I have a hunch its probably sitting in the installers shop.

Brandon - I'll give you a shout. If you need another one, we'll cover it. I dont want to have you run 2 hours+ back to Aric's place. This is something you can put on yourself.

-Brian
Exile Audio

jclevoy
06-23-2010, 10:51 PM
Nice looking install. And yes, it looks to me like your missing a fasica cover for your enclosure. No its not an option. I have a hunch its probably sitting in the installers shop.

Brandon - I'll give you a shout. If you need another one, we'll cover it. I dont want to have you run 2 hours+ back to Aric's place. This is something you can put on yourself.

-Brian
Exile Audio

First-class service.......Just like always.

meech
06-24-2010, 01:06 PM
looks great!!

newty
06-24-2010, 11:08 PM
Looks great brutha!

Dang Brian your cleaning up with that box!