PDA

View Full Version : Snap Out Carpet

walb0244
06-22-2010, 08:16 PM
Has anybody change the carpet in their boat to Snap-in and out carpet instead of the regular carpet. I would love to have it where my carpet can be snapped in and out so that I coudl take it out and put it in the sun so that it can dry out. My carpet doesn't dry out much because I dont' like the sun beating down on the vinyl in the boat. Anybody got any ideas.

Razzman
06-22-2010, 08:41 PM
Nobody here has done it as the floor of moombas is not a finished surface, it's a composite floor. You're better off looking at a carpet overlay.

cab13367
06-23-2010, 01:34 AM
Has anybody change the carpet in their boat to Snap-in and out carpet instead of the regular carpet. I would love to have it where my carpet can be snapped in and out so that I coudl take it out and put it in the sun so that it can dry out. My carpet doesn't dry out much because I dont' like the sun beating down on the vinyl in the boat. Anybody got any ideas.

Walb,

The carpet in the lounge area in my boat does not get very wet but the carpet in the rear lockers does. I bought two box fans at HD that fit perfectly in the rear lockers. Once I get the boat in the garage, I remove the ballast bags and run one fan in each locker overnight and she dries right up. Our boat has the thin carpet so it does not retain water as much as the newer boats.

Al