PDA

View Full Version : Fusion Wiring Question

RobertJ
06-21-2010, 01:15 AM
I have the Fusion P Series with Diamond Audio speakers in them and I have a quick question. Which lead is positive? One lead is brown and the other is blue. I dont want to take the speakers apart to find out (about 30 allen screws) but I will if I have to.

Thanks.

Brianinpdx
06-21-2010, 01:58 AM
Robert - I'm no Fusion expert but I can tell you a quick figure it out tip.

Take a 9V battery, hook up one lead to the - and then tap the other to the+. When you do this, look at the midbass driver and see if the cone throws forward. If it does, you've got the polarity right. If it goes back then you need to swap it.

In short, correct polarity is +_ hooked up and the cone goes forward.

should take you about 5 seconds to figure it out.

Cheers

-Brian
Exile Audio

Hydrofoiljunky
06-25-2010, 04:10 PM
Hey Robert I had the same problem but luckily had them hooked up right. I did the 9 Volt thing and Brown is Postive. I repeat Brown is Positive. Don't know if it's too late or not but I hope you didn't undo those 30 screws. I feel your pain, have had to take them apart a few times and they never seem to go back together the same after that LOL

Chad

RobertJ
06-25-2010, 04:40 PM
Chad, you are the man. I have not had time yet to do the 9v test and I will still do it but thanks for putting me on the right track. "Brown is Positive"

Brian, thanks for your advice as well. I still plan on some Exiles some day.

jester
06-25-2010, 07:50 PM
Robert,

Another solution would be to hook them up and see what they sound like. Then go over to Mike's boat to hear the sound then and head into Exile to get a better set.

Good to know about the 9V. That is some good info to have. Also good to know about brown since i have the same set.