PDA

View Full Version : Must have been Moomba day at the lake

you da man
06-21-2010, 12:40 AM
Couldn't believe that within eyeshot of each other there were 5 Moombas in one spot on Lake Belton today. All of them were LSV's of various years from 2003 to 2008. Then around the bend I saw an XLV so that was 6 Moombas today all within a mile of each other.

04OUTBACK
06-21-2010, 11:34 PM
rode almost all the way around our lake yesterday.
No question, Moomba is the official boat of Conesus lake. 5-6 LSV's, a few OB V's, XLV.. there are a couple of '10 LSV's out that are beautiful.. black/green and Blue/Gray.

Big Boss
06-22-2010, 08:01 PM
Couldn't believe that within eyeshot of each other there were 5 Moombas in one spot on Lake Belton today. All of them were LSV's of various years from 2003 to 2008. Then around the bend I saw an XLV so that was 6 Moombas today all within a mile of each other.

What's the water like on Lake Belton on weekends? We have reached the point of summer where Lake Austin is just too crowded for comfort. Can you ride during the day at all or is the water too rough? If it stays calm we are thinking the drive may be worth it. Then we can add one more Moomba to the mix!

Thanks,

Aaron in Austin

you da man
06-22-2010, 08:52 PM
What's the water like on Lake Belton on weekends? We have reached the point of summer where Lake Austin is just too crowded for comfort. Can you ride during the day at all or is the water too rough? If it stays calm we are thinking the drive may be worth it. Then we can add one more Moomba to the mix!

Thanks,

Aaron in Austin

If you can get to Lake Belton and launch at Roger's Park by 11am there's plenty of room at the ramp/parking lot. The earlier the better of course. The water at "the alley" is good until about 1pm and then again good right at sunset. After 1pm the parents towing their crumb snatchers in tubes show up. Send me a PM before you go because there is a hidden sandbar that is not marked at all that people anchor up at and it's only accessible by boat...which is nice. I'll have to give you directions to the part of the lake everyone calls "the alley" because it's about a mile small cliff that blocks the south wind all day.

Big Boss
06-23-2010, 08:50 PM
If you can get to Lake Belton and launch at Roger's Park by 11am there's plenty of room at the ramp/parking lot. The earlier the better of course. The water at "the alley" is good until about 1pm and then again good right at sunset. After 1pm the parents towing their crumb snatchers in tubes show up. Send me a PM before you go because there is a hidden sandbar that is not marked at all that people anchor up at and it's only accessible by boat...which is nice. I'll have to give you directions to the part of the lake everyone calls "the alley" because it's about a mile small cliff that blocks the south wind all day.

We are thinking about heading to Lake Georgetown this weekend instead of Belton, mainly because of the drive time. Ever been on Lake Georgetown? It looks smallish, but I'm not expecting it to be near as crowded as Lake Austin on Sat/Sun. Any thoughts on comparing the two?

Thanks

you da man
06-23-2010, 09:05 PM
We are thinking about heading to Lake Georgetown this weekend instead of Belton, mainly because of the drive time. Ever been on Lake Georgetown? It looks smallish, but I'm not expecting it to be near as crowded as Lake Austin on Sat/Sun. Any thoughts on comparing the two?

Thanks

I heard it's not the greatest as far as conditions goes, the shoreline doesn't lend itself to protect from the wind. I also heard it has quite a bit of trees/stumps here and there so it would be wise to try and find a good map fo the lake.