PDA

View Full Version : Fathers Day

newty
06-20-2010, 10:00 PM
Fathers day was a little different for my family this year.
When I got home from work this morning at 6 my wife told me that her grandpa had passed just an hour earlier. We knew his time was fast approaching as he was in the late stages of T.M.B. (Too Many Birthdays). It was no surprise because we had spent a lot of the last couple weeks visiting with him and hoping to make his last days as pleasant as possible. Both of his remaining children were staying at his house because of his worsening condition. At around 4:30 this morning he woke up and asked the kids to come in because he had something to say. When everyone was there he uttured his last words "I love you", closed his eyes and passed away.
I guess the reason I'm posting this is because its brought a whole new meaning to fathers day for me. I hugged my kids a little longer today and made sure I hugged my Pops and told all of them I loved them. I hope you all do the same.

Happy Fathers Day to all you dads. Make sure you tell your dads too!;)

moombadaze
06-21-2010, 07:27 AM
Ryan, Sorry for your families loss.

newty
06-21-2010, 08:05 AM
Thanks Stacy.

It was a loss but more importantly reminds us of how precious family is.

moombadaze
06-21-2010, 08:32 AM
I have my daughter here at work with me today-had to go give her a big hug after reading that. She was like why the big hug, my reply-life if short and I love you

sailing217
06-21-2010, 09:29 AM
Very sorry to hear of your loss. Thank you for the reminder.

My kids were fighting all day on the boat and got home frustrated and my oldest son gave me the card he made for me which is a total surprise as he's getting into the 'too cool for parents, pre-teen years'. It really set aside frustrations and got me back to being thankfull for so much. Best Father's Day yet.

Try to make the year closer with family.

wolfeman131
06-21-2010, 11:03 AM
newty,

sorry for your families loss. gotta remember that every day should be special and that the little things that bother me really shouldn't matter.

kaneboats
06-26-2010, 12:41 AM
Hey, Ryan, sorry to hear about your loss. I'm just catching up from being gone all week. Thanks for sharing with us. I'm gonna be a better Dad too. Have to figure out where to start though. Maybe green tea for calming my nerves a little?

Sled491
06-26-2010, 07:09 PM
Newty, your outlook on this sad event is refreshing. Shows you have a great outlook on life and a zest for living, good for you man !

davinci
06-26-2010, 07:32 PM
My condolences to you and yours.