PDA

View Full Version : My first 360 (with the rope)

Tyger
06-20-2010, 02:42 PM
I got my new LF custom last week and couldn't wait to try it so we went out on Thursday. I was fairly disappointed, but I think I had built up this fantasy in my mind that I would be busting new tricks on it within minutes. It took me pretty much the whole day just to feel comfortable on it. It's night and day from my Broadcast in every way. As Yoda says I must unlearn what I have learned. :)

On a positive my wife loves, loves, loves the new board and feels like she can finally advance to the next stage of riding.

Late in the day yesterday I was able to do a surface 360. I was holding the rope and I definitely needed it to recover, but I was trying to make sure I started the trick on slack. Hopefully I'll be able to stick a free ride 360 in the next few sessions.

I'm definitely happy with my board. It doesn't give quite as much push as I would like, but it's a lot more forgiving in some ways and definitely loads more agile than the Broadcast.

maxpower220
06-20-2010, 03:59 PM
Funny thing that a lot of people believe the board is "holding them back" or "my wake isn't big enough". Practice, practice, and a little more practice.

sailing217
06-21-2010, 10:16 AM
I agree practice is everything, but the board does play into it. I've got the wave dialed in, I got the same board the world champ rides, I can land 3's on the board, but if I switch back up to the old broadcast 4.9 it's just too slow to recover.

My kids and wife could ride my phase5 fine but it was a bit big for them. Got the kids the Scamp and it sits lower in the water and they could learn to edge and control the board So much better instead of just floating on top the water kinda out of control.

Tyger: at 300degrees, put your weight on that front foot and get ready to work the wave. Not doing a 3, fall way back in the pocket and practice working or pumping to recover.