PDA

View Full Version : 2010 LSV w/ MB Quart Nautic Audio

29racer
06-17-2010, 10:53 PM
We just got our new 2010 LSV boat. It has the USB port for my Ipod. I can't get it to work. I have a Gen 2 Ipod Touch. When I plug it into the USB port the radio switches to Ipod Play, my ipod beeps a few times like it is trying to connect, but gives up and the radio says Error. Anyone else have this issue? I can get it to work through the audio port, but not usb. I even bought a new cord tonight that was for ipods being used with usb ports on radios.
Thanks!!

loudsubz
06-18-2010, 07:31 AM
My understanding was that USB port is only for playing USB flash drives. When I looked at the manual it stated that there was another ipod cable that plugs into the back of the controller that allows direct plugin to the ipod through the interface.

dru1974
06-18-2010, 10:10 AM
when i looked into the mb quart manual it said that there was another plug in you can order for the ipod, i had the same issue.....i just use the plug in jack rite now but i cant understand what the difference is between the jack you plug into your puter and one you would plug into the usb would be......its usb?????? I would like some clarification aswell. i mean we pay for the control s you can (plug and play)

dru1974
06-18-2010, 10:11 AM
29racer where r the pics of your boat, lets have a look.

29racer
06-18-2010, 02:04 PM
I have not got any pictures yet, but will get some when we head out tomorrow. (Brittany Blue which my wife chose and I will have to say at first I was not a big fan of the color choice but it has started to grow on me) I am pretty sure the usb port in the glove box is an extension that is plugged into the main unit in the spot it shows on the manual. I could not fine were it talks about a seperate cord. What page is that on?
Thanks for the info if I find out anything I will post going to call dealer and see if I figure something out shortly.

TL7
06-20-2010, 09:54 PM
I have the ipod cable from MB Quart. The model # is MBQ-IPOD-HAR-13. I ordered mine from athome-atsea.com for about $35. It does allow you to use the radio (and remote) to control the ipod, so you can leave it in the glove box.

Didn't order it here - it seems it's no longer listed on the athome-atsea.com site.

http://www.dvbcaraudio.co.uk/quart-mbqipodhar13-ipod-direct-connect-p-5868.html?tab=description

29racer
06-21-2010, 09:22 AM
TL7 Is your Ipod An Ipod touch?
Thanks!

TL7
06-21-2010, 09:45 AM
No, I have a 30gb ipod classic and a 3g iphone.

89PROSTAR
09-02-2010, 10:58 AM
The first thing I tried when I got the new boat home last night was my Ipod Nano. The deck gave me a error msg as well. I was using the usb connection. Any advice.

EarmarkMarine
09-02-2010, 11:23 AM
Yes, we use an is75 cable within a transverse run kit. This places the ipod at the driver's side, powers and charges the ipod. The menu is maintained on the ipod. This plugs into the auxilary RCAs on the back of the source unit. We add a hideaway electronic switcher for other accessories, satellite radio for example, to function on the same AUX inputs.

David
Earmark Marine

89PROSTAR
09-02-2010, 11:28 AM
That sounds like a work around though.....I would like to have it work like it's supposed to per the manual. I may need a new usb cable. Mine is a little worn.

EarmarkMarine
09-02-2010, 11:46 AM
Good luck with that and let us know how it worked out. I'm definitely interested in every alternative.

David
Earmark Marine

KSmith
09-03-2010, 08:40 PM
I'd be interested in how to setup the flash drive if anyone has gotten that to work.

Thanks!

jstenger
09-06-2010, 08:49 PM
The USB port can only charge the Ipod. It sucks that you have to use two cables to charge the Ipod and listen to it through the radio. Wish they would have spent a little more money and installed the actuall MB Quart Ipod dock.

89PROSTAR
09-09-2010, 11:02 AM
Ok, I installed the MBQ-IPOD-HAR-13 cable last night for my IPOD. I can now control it through the stereo. The problem is where to put the cable. I too wish they would have just upgraded and put a docking station in the glove box with the USB port. I hate to drill any holes to run the cable through the glovebox. Maybe I can find a fitting of some sort if I have to drill a hole.
The sound quality of the IPOD cable is much better than the AUX input as well. Summer is over and buying a new boat at the end of the season is tough.:(

scoot_gt
09-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Ok, I installed the MBQ-IPOD-HAR-13 cable last night for my IPOD. I can now control it through the stereo.

What flavor iPod do you have? I had no luck with my iPod 3G (yea, she's old) and MBQ-IPOD-HAR cable.

89PROSTAR
09-09-2010, 12:01 PM
I have a 8G nano video. I think it's about 3 yrs old. I plugged it in and worked great. I then ran the cable where I wanted it and it gave me fits. Bad connection or something. It would read it then give an error msg. It would then display the track but not the artist. I pulled the cable and hooked it back up and worked fine. It might have been pinched...The connection at the hard drive seems a little loose. Maybe it's a problem there. Tonight I'm going to shake and bend the cable a few times and see if the cable is faulty. It seems to work though (for the most part).

scoot_gt
09-09-2010, 12:42 PM
I have a 8G nano video.

Thanks! I need to try my 3G again and the wifey has an older non-video Nano that I've yet to try. I need those song controls from the swim platform remote!

THSEADOO
09-09-2010, 04:27 PM
I drilled a whole in the glove box and used a rubber grommet to make the whole look better. It works great having the iPod in the glove box.

89PROSTAR
09-09-2010, 04:38 PM
That's what I was thinking but not sure I can drill a hole in the new boat just yet. Yikes, she's so perfect right now. Maybe when she's a little more used. Like at 10 hrs..... Not 5!

KSmith
09-10-2010, 06:26 AM
I discovered how to configure a flash drive so they can be used in the USB slot. Off of the root of the drive create a folder named Music. Drag and drop the mp3 files into the new folder.

It has been working for me intermittently, the flash drive I had been using are the typical sized ones, but they seem too long for a good connection as they move a bit as the boat gets bounced around and the music cuts off.

I ordered some mini sized USB flash drives that I tinkered with yesterday, worked great in the driveway. This weekend they will get put to the test on the water.

mcdye
09-10-2010, 09:39 AM
I discovered how to configure a flash drive so they can be used in the USB slot. Off of the root of the drive create a folder named Music. Drag and drop the mp3 files into the new folder.

It has been working for me intermittently, the flash drive I had been using are the typical sized ones, but they seem too long for a good connection as they move a bit as the boat gets bounced around and the music cuts off.

I ordered some mini sized USB flash drives that I tinkered with yesterday, worked great in the driveway. This weekend they will get put to the test on the water.

Do you still get the artist/song title this way?

I did the Artist\Album\mp3 song folder stucture layout.

KSmith
09-10-2010, 09:44 AM
Do you still get the artist/song title this way?

I did the Artist\Album\mp3 song folder stucture layout.

Did that work? I'll have to try that format. To answer your question, no, it will display the file name that it is playing.

Thanks for the tip.

89PROSTAR
09-10-2010, 10:42 AM
The Ipod really is the way to go in my opinon. I haven't tried the flash drive yet. I did manage to fish the Ipod cable through the hole behind the head unit. I left about 2ft out to connect the Ipod. I also hooked up a 8" bazooka tube that I had from my old boat. It's amazing how good those really do sound when you hook them up under the bow.

kaneboats
09-10-2010, 11:41 AM
Preaching to the choir. I think my 10" tube sounds great wedged up under there.

mcdye
09-10-2010, 01:54 PM
Did that work? I'll have to try that format. To answer your question, no, it will display the file name that it is playing.

Thanks for the tip.

yes i get the artist and song.

What got me on the flash drive is that with my mp3 player (sansa) I used the 3.5 jack. I have a huge drop with volume due to it. I dont have ipod to test if there is a signal loss thru the 3.5 jack.

89PROSTAR
09-10-2010, 02:16 PM
I noticed a huge drop in volume and sound quality with the 3.5 jack and my Ipod.

gwg3
09-15-2010, 12:23 AM
where did you find the ipod cable.i need to get one for mine.

89PROSTAR
09-15-2010, 11:12 AM
This is the one I bought...

http://baileyswholesale.com/mb-quart-6-ipod-direct-connect_MBQ-IPOD-HAR-6.htm

loudsubz
10-12-2010, 11:23 PM
I didn't think there was any issues using the usb. I have been using a 2gb and under flash drive formatted as fat32 and ntfs and they all run perfectly fine, no issues. It says in the manual it supports up to 2gb drives so I didn't try anything larger.

Im usually in a hurry and jus throw the music on there in any folders I want or just in the root directory and it always works.