PDA

View Full Version : Problem with 2000 Moomba Boomerang

Nihilive
07-25-2004, 06:02 PM
I'm having trouble with my 2000 Moomba Boomerang. When it is sitting still, or idling, it heats up and overheats, but when I'm driving it it stays cool. It's become a problem as it overheats out on the water. I have a hunch that it may possibly be the impeller on indamar assault, but any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

AJones
07-25-2004, 09:23 PM
I'll bet that it's your water pump impeller. It happened to me once on our Boomerang. Heated up while idling but cooled down once I got it up on plane. The forward motion forced enough water thru the raw water intake up to the main water pump that it cooled down. It became a bigger problem once the fuel cooler on the Mercruiser EFI got hot. The engine vapor locked and would start to get back to the ramp. I had to call for help. Replace the impeller before you get stranded.

Nihilive
07-25-2004, 11:00 PM
Alright, that's what I thought. Do you know how much an impeller costs to replace?

AJones
07-25-2004, 11:19 PM
www.Overtons.com has an impeller for an Inmar engine for $29.99 but I'm not sure if it is the right one for your engine. You can call 1-800-334-6541 to find out. They are usually very helpful. I've heard a lot of good things about SkiDIM.com (Discount Inboard Marine). You can call DIM at 1-803-345-0996 they should be able to tell you what you need. Of course this is only good if you are installing it yourself. I have no idea what the dealer would charge you.

NH Moomba
07-26-2004, 09:58 PM
I just replaced the impeller on my 2000 Outback LS with that one from Overtons and it is definately the correct one. Make sure you remove both the hoses from the pump to check for all the pieces that get forced in there when the impeller shreds. Always carry a spare and a wrench.

Andy