PDA

View Full Version : Center ballast locker question

you da man
06-15-2010, 10:33 PM
I think I've read it on here before but here goes. My bilge area is completely dry but my center locker always seems to have about an inch of water near the drain hole. So where does this water go? I've used my shop vac to drain the locker out but I notice if I lower my trailer jack all the way down, more water will flow into the locker from the drain hole...WTF? This is the only thing I hate about my boat.

Razzman
06-15-2010, 10:52 PM
Do a search for "Nasty Mat" and you'll get all the answers you need.

cab13367
06-16-2010, 01:45 AM
See the pic below. Problem is that the low point of the boat is under the fuel tank. So you can see in this pic that the bilge area is dry but there is about a half inch of water or so under the gas tank and that is what is finding it's way into your ski locker when you lower the trailer jack. One way to fix this is to put a second, compact bilge pump inside the 4" diameter hole in the gas tank and connect the line to the other bilge pump line.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg276/cab13367/IMG_6349.jpg

mk_deuce
06-16-2010, 09:06 AM
Also as I stated in the "nasty Mat" thread. I am actually getting water in the in the very front of the bow under the ski locker. Mine actually has water trapped under the ski locker. When I hit the bottom of the locker it sounds like Im hitting a waterbed w/ all the water under there. I am debating drilling a hole & sucking it out.

kaneboats
06-16-2010, 12:41 PM
Somebody on here the other day said he added an extra drain plug at the low spot on the boat. I guess you could do that.

cab13367
06-16-2010, 03:46 PM
Somebody on here the other day said he added an extra drain plug at the low spot on the boat. I guess you could do that.

Some of the new boats (2010?) have a second drain plug access thru a small removal panel in the floor in the middle of the boat. I am guessing it lines up with the hole in the gas tank and that's where they put the plug.

If someone has a 2010 that has this feature, could you confirm this is what Skier's Choice did and could you post a couple of pics?

Thanks,

Al

jmvotto
06-16-2010, 03:57 PM
Al, that's a nice little square that comes out for the LSV, Anyone know if the OBV floor comes up that easy?

sandm
06-16-2010, 04:11 PM
I understand that they all do, it's just a matter of finding the "hidden" screws that hold it down. I have heard that they are hard buggers to find in the carpet..

squeeg333
06-16-2010, 06:06 PM
There was also someone who plugged the ski locker drain hole with a bilge type plug. I think it was Brain_Rinse. It looked like it works real good. I think you gotta buy a 1.5 inch plug, and grind it down to about 1.3-ish inches. That's what I think that hole measures out to be...

you da man
06-16-2010, 08:30 PM
There was also someone who plugged the ski locker drain hole with a bilge type plug. I think it was Brain_Rinse. It looked like it works real good. I think you gotta buy a 1.5 inch plug, and grind it down to about 1.3-ish inches. That's what I think that hole measures out to be...

I was looking at several expansion plugs to do that. That may be the simiple solution or semi-solution.

cab13367
06-17-2010, 12:24 AM
Al, that's a nice little square that comes out for the LSV, Anyone know if the OBV floor comes up that easy?

Joe, it's actually two rectangles.

I understand that they all do, it's just a matter of finding the "hidden" screws that hold it down. I have heard that they are hard buggers to find in the carpet..

I never noticed the screws but when I started looking for them, I found them pretty easily. 7 of the 8 are pretty close to the corner. The one closest to the driver's seat was about a foot or so from the corner.